Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Jersey City - BLS for Healthcare Providers
Jersey City, NJ
This course is designed to teach basic life support skills for victims of all ages. Students will participate in, practice, and complete various skills and learning situations throughout the day for an enriched, hands-on learning experience.
In the BLS for Healthcare Providers course, students learn how to recognize life-threatening emergencies and are trained to provide different lifesaving skills according to the American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines. These skills include:
· Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for adults, children and infants
· Use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
· Relief of choking
This one-day course is designed to help students move through the course quickly and efficiently. Throughout the day, students will complete five interactive exercises, various scenarios, and a written test.
Students who successfully complete the course and pass the exam will earn a certification in Healthcare Providers CPR.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
· Demonstrate and explain the procedure for adult CPR.
· Demonstrate and explain the procedure for child CPR.
· Demonstrate and explain the procedure for infant CPR.
· Demonstrate management of an obstructed airway for a conscious adult.
· Demonstrate management of an obstructed airway for an unconscious adult.
· Demonstrate management of an obstructed airway for a child and infant.
· Perform all procedures according to the current standards of the American Heart Association.
Anthem Institute – Jersey City was established in 1986 as a branch of Anthem Institute in Parsippany, New Jersey. The School offers diploma programs that teach students career-specific skills for the healthcare and technology fields. Current programs include: Computer Networking and Security, Graphic Design and Animation, Massage Therapy, Medical Assistant, and Medical Billing and Coding. Anthem Institute – Jersey City is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at www.anthem.edu/disclosures.
Your message has been sent!
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.