Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Bob Log III // Mr. Free and the Satellite Freak Out!
Thursday, May 3, 2012 from 9:00 PM to 11:45 PM (EDT)
Bob Log III is an American slide guitar one-man band. During performances, he plays old Silvertone archtop guitars, wears a full body human cannonball suit, and a pilot's helmet wired to a telephone receiver, which allows him to devote his hands and feet to guitar and drums. The spectacle has been described as a guitar dance party.
He tours over 150 shows a year in more than 30 countries. Bob Log's version of quick Delta blues is a continuation of the sound that Bob Log and Thermos pioneered in the duo Doo Rag. The major differences are: greater emphasis on guitar showmanship, fingerpicking, and one-man-band-style drumming with his feet. Based in Tucson, Arizona, and Melbourne, Australia, he has made tours of North America,Europe, Japan and Australia, Mexico, and Iceland.
When & Where
The Pinhook has become Durham’s premiere venue for live music, excellent DJ’s, basic chilling, and collaborative creative events. Here’s what we got:
- Weekends of Musical Mayhem- featuring the best bands from The Triangle, North Carolina, and well beyond.
- Weeknight Monthlies like Open Mics, Open Jams, Karaoke, Trivia, and DJ sets.
- THE GREATEST BAR STAFF IN THE UNIVERSE!
- Pool, Tekken, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Backgammon, Scrabble, etc. (and people with whom to play these games)
- CHEAP. DRINKS. $3 Tallboys, $2 PBR, $1.50 Schlitz, $4 Well Drinks Monday-Wednesday.
- Nightly specials – the perfect way to make cheap drinks even cheaper.
- A PATIO OUT BACK! OUR PATIO IS SO AWESOME. I LOVE YOU, PATIO.
But the most important thing we have is YOU. The Pinhook is YOUR place. We believe that communities thrive when there is a public place for their citizens to be themselves, whether on stage or on a barstool, relaxing or rocking out. For Durham and the Triangle, the Pinhook is that place.
You gotta make your own fun in life, but we’re here to help.