Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Massachusetts Performance Improvement Clinic
Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 9:00 AM - Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 1:00 PM (EDT)
One Family, Inc in partnership with the MA Interagency Council on Housing and Homelessness will be hosting a National Alliance to End Homelessness Performance Improvement Clinic for the Massachusetts family shelter and housing providers’ community.
The goal of the clinic is to help our community of practice prepare for up-coming changes in shelter, prevention and re-housing programs changes that will result from the FY 13 state budget process as well as from the implementation of the HEARTH Act. The 1.5 day clinic will focus solely on family homelessness and will include topics such as:
- Implementation of a targeted homelessness prevention
- How to safely get to shorter shelter stays for families
- How to safely re-house family with $4,000
- Family stabilization
- Date and Time: Tuesday September 11th from 9am-5pm and Wednesday September 12th from 9am-1pm
- Target Audience: Executive Directors and Program Directors from family shelters and HomeBASE agencies, private and community funders, advocates and state agency representatives.
o Space is limited to the fist 125 registrants but accommodations will be made as needed to ensure that all regions of the state are represented.
- Cost: Requested donation of $65 per person but no person or organization will be turned away because of inability to pay. Please contact Emily Cohen at email@example.com for a reduced price or free ticket.
- Questions: Please contact Emily Cohen at 617-423-0504 X 205 or firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
One Family, Inc.
One Family, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization founded by Paul and Phyllis Fireman and family with a mission to end family homelessness in Massachusetts.
One Family’s programs and initiatives are designed to break the cycle of poverty and homelessness for families.
Across Massachusetts, One Family creates innovative and collaborative programs that reverse the widespread and chronic effects of poverty and strengthen lower-income and homeless families.
We also advocate for policies that shift the state toward solutions that emphasize permanent affordable housing.
One Family’s direct service program, One Family Scholars, provides flexible college scholarships and coaching to low-income and formerly homeless single parents to achieve college, career, financial and leadership success.
Through the program, One Family Scholars earn college degrees, transition to family-sustaining careers and build a stable and secure futurefor their children.
One Family relies on public and private donations to support its programs and initiatives.