Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Customer Service and Professionalism for Communications Personnel
Thursday, December 20, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (PST)
San Diego, CA
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PROFESSIONALISM FOR COMMUNICATIONS PERSONNEL
New and Veteran Dispatchers, Supervisors and Managers!
Dealing with call taker burnout? Wondering why you chose this profession? Why you make a difference? Why the public is important? Do you need an attitude adjustment?
Then this class is for you!
Instructor: Bonnie Stauffer, Oceanside Police Department
POST Plan IV
POST Course Control #1107-30874-12002
What Others Have Said About This Course
- "Bonnie is an excellent instructor! I would take a class Bonnie was instructing again. Actually I would take any class any time if Bonnie was the instructor!"
- "I thought Bonnie was very engaging and insightful. She presented the material in a way that drew most all of the attendees to participate."
- "All of my objectives were met...helpful hints and ways to deal with callers are always welcome, even for 'seasoned' dispatchers like myself."
- "The overall session made you walk away with a sense of pride for the job that may have been stomped out before."
- "This instructor is a breath of fresh air, I absolutely love this course..."
- "Funniest class I've ever attended; completely lost track of the time"
- "I would heartily recommend her class to co-workers and supervisors alike"
For additional information or questions, contact Melissa Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 619.342.7344
Prerequisite: Must be currently employed by a public safety agency
Classes presented by the San Diego Association of Public Safety Dispatchers are certified by the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training and meet the continuing professional training requirements for California public safety dispatchers.
When & Where
San Diego Association of Public Safety Dispatchers
|The San Diego Association of Public Safety Dispatchers (APSD) develops and presents training courses for public safety dispatchers.|
|Classes presented by APSD are certified by the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training and meet the continuing professional training requirements for California public safety dispatchers.|
|APSD works in conjunction with existing law enforcement, fire/EMS associations and resources to bring the needs and concerns specific to communications to the forefront. APSD is an independent, non-profit association made up of fire and law enforcement communications center managers, supervisors, phone and radio dispatchers in San Diego County.|
| APSD is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
Tax I.D. 04-3730953