Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
The Joomla! Revolution: The Perfect CMS for Start-Ups, Businesses and Non-Proﬁts
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 from 6:30 PM to 8:45 PM (PST)
California City, CA
Leap into the Joomla! Revolution: The perfect CMS for Start-ups, Businesses and Non-proﬁts
Join us on leap day, February 29th, at NextSpace in downtown San Francisco for an exciting presentation from the Bay Area Joomla Users Group about the new Joomla 2.5. Learn about the Joomla revolution from local Joomla pros who will show you how this Open Source CMS has gone enterprise level and is being used by many top companies throughout the world.
The Joomla CMS was again awarded the important Packt Publishing Best Open Source CMS Award for 2011 and that was before Joomla 2.5 was released in January 2012. This new release has rocked the CMS world because Joomla now has the power that other Open Source CMS' can only dream about.
Did you know?
• There are over 3000 Government web sites built with Joomla! worldwide.
• eBay, GE, Barnes & Noble, Harvard, IKEA and even CitiBank have Joomla websites or intranets.
• There are over 200,000 active community/forum users at joomla.org.
• Since 2007 english versions of Joomla have been downloaded 27 million times, more than any other CMS.
• The job market for Joomla designers and developers is booming!
This event will give you a clear understanding of how this CMS can be used for all your web design and development needs.
Event Highlights and Topics:
• Joomla Power Overview: Learn how this CMS can be used to power websites of all kinds. We will show examples and take a test drive of the back-end so you can see it live.
• Social Media and Community Sites: Joomla has many incredible components to run your own community site. Learn how it integrates with Facebook/Twitter as well as other eMarketing and social media platforms.
• Google and Beyond: Learn from a Joomla component developer how Google services are used in Joomla sites to help manage, analyze or scale your site
• Q and A: Be prepared to ask the pros any question about Joomla and how it could be used to create the solutions you need.
Contact James Westley Foreman for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: Free. Drinks and small bites included.
When & Where
NextSpace Coworking San Francisco
NextSpace is the workplace for the new economy. NextSpace provides innovative physical and virtual infrastructure that freelancers, entrepreneurs, and creative class professionals need to succeed in the 21st century knowledge economy. In an increasingly disconnected world, NextSpace creates a collaborative community that is revolutionizing the nature of work.