Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Integrating Function of the Lower Extremity & Trunk
Friday, November 16, 2012 at 1:00 PM - Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 5:00 PM (EST)
Friday, November 16 - Saturday, November 17, 2012
1:00PM - 5:00PM (Fri)
9:00AM - 5:00PM (Sat)
Eric Shamus, PT, PhD
Brooks Rehabilitation Hospital
3599 University Blvd, South
Jacksonville, FL 32216
• The participant will be able to identify the difference between normal and abnormal lower extremity biomechanics during the gait cycle
• The participant will be able to identify functional anatomy and regions where common dysfunctions occur
• The participant will be able to palpate lower extremity landmarks and identify subtalar neutral
• The participant will be able to prescribe orthotics and understand how to differentiate sneaker designs
• The participant will be able to go through a lower extremity biomechanical evaluation and identify clinically relevant strengthening and flexibility exercises
Intended For: Physical Therapists
When & Where
Brooks Institute of Higher Learning
Brooks Post-professional Education Programs
Brooks Rehabilitation is a leader in post-professional clinical education for healthcare practitioners focused in the area of rehabilitation. This is demonstrated by its active involvement in providing residency and fellowship level training as well as through providing world class continuing education courses for all clinicians in the field of rehabilitation practice. Currently Brooks has four post-professional education programs including a multidisciplinary Geriatric Residency (includes residents from OT, Nursing, SLP, and PT), a PT Neurologic Residency, a PT Orthopaedic Residency, and an Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy Fellowship. Brooks Rehabilitation offers over 25 post-professional continuing courses each year that includes a wide variety of course offerings for multiple disciplines and a variety of specialty practice areas. The speakers include both nationally renowned experts from around the country as well as nationally recognized clinical experts that currently practice within Brooks.