Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Under Construction: Hospitals, Healthcare, and the Medical Humanities ~ 10th Annual Medical Humanities Consortium Meeting, May 15-16, 2012
Under Construction, the 10th Annual Medical Humanities Consortium Meeting, May 15-16, 2012
Tuesday, May 15 - 5:00 p.m.
- Opening reception and brief overview of the aesthetic and architectural features of the new Children’s of Pittsburgh (CHP).
- Guided tours of the newly constructed space will follow.
Wednesday, May 16 the conference will continue from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. The program will feature:
- Panel discussion of the architectural design, art, and sensory features of the new CHP.
- Three concurrent sessions with topics ranging from the historical designs of clinical space and patient roles, to medical humanities curriculum, literature in medicine, art in clinical spaces, and the impact of physical space on patient care.
- The musical storytelling piece, Talking You In, recounting a father’s experience with his newborn in the ICU, written and performed by Dan Yashinsky with Canadian musical artist Brian Katz.
Please visit us at http://www.bioethics.pitt.edu/MHC10thAnnualMeeting.php for detailed meeting information, including information on parking, travel, hotel, meals, and the program itself, as well as information on discounted registration if paying by cash or check.
Pre-registration is encouraged and offered at a discounted rate. Registration at the conference is offered but availability of meals cannot be guaranteed.
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
4401 Penn Avenue
Pennsylvania Medical Humanities Consortium
The Medical Humanities Consortium (formerly Pennsylvania Medical Humanities Consortium) is a diverse group of health practitioners, humanists, scholars, scientists, writers, and students who gather annually to discuss research and teaching in the medical humanities.