Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
DV CARES: Teen Dating Abuse
Wednesday, June 27, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM (PDT)
Teen Dating Abuse
· Understand the dynamics of teen dating violence
· Recognize the warning signs that indicate a teen may be a victim or an abuser
· Effectively approach a teen (victim or abuser) to provide intervention
· Develop age-appropriate safety plans
· Identify resource and referral information for support
Cost is $45 per person.
There is a $3.47 fee to pay by credit card through EventBrite.
Materials and refreshments are included.
This is a three (3) hour workshop: 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM (Doors open at 9:30 AM)
Questions or paying by check? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED
Who should attend?
Anyone who works with teens, parents, teachers, school staff, nurses, social workers, camp counselors, coaches, healthcare personnel, juvenile officers, college students/volunteers working in social services, clergy.
Class will be held at HOPES CAP, Inc., 301 Garden St., Hoboken, NJ. (Rue School)
HOPES is walking distance from the Hoboken PATH/Light Rail stations
Parking available at Hoboken University Medical Center, which is located at 4th St. between Willow & Clinton – rates apply.
When & Where
Intimate Partner Violence Advocate Certification (IPVA)
A Partnership for Change (APFC)
IPVA - Intimate Partner Violence Advocate Certification Program
The Intimate Partner Violence Advocate (IPVA) Certification Program is an in-depth and unique five-part certification series that is endorsed by New Jersey Division on Women (DOW) and is valuable to anyone who provides advocacy and support to families through social services, the schools, the healthcare system, the criminal justice system or anyone who is interested in understanding domestic violence/dating abuse and playing a role in breaking the cycle.
IPVA has been offered in central New Jersey since 2009.
- IPVA is endorsed by New Jersey Division on Women (DOW)
- All five classes are required for the IPVA Certification, but classes can be taken individually.
- Nurses can obtain 6 contact hours and Social Workers can acquire 5.5 non-clinical continuing education credits for select classes.(see class description where applicable)
- Attendees can obtain three (3) Domestic Violence Specialist (DVS) credits for ALL classes.
- Attendance for the entire class is required for credits.
- Classes are held in New Brunswick at PCA-NJ's training facility on Church Street.
Classes developed and presented by A Partnership for Change Allison Bressler, MA and/or Gloria Sgrizzi Co-Founders and Co-Directors