Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
No Abode One Day Sitting - November 10, 2012
Saturday, November 10, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM (PST)
Mill Valley, United States
W E L C O M E! No Abode is a vibrant Buddhist practice community dedicated to Mahayana teachings, especially in the Soto Zen tradition. It is led by Tenshin Reb Anderson. Join us for monthly one day sittings. 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
To accommodate everyone, we encourage the following:
PLEASE SIGN - UP! If you are bringing friends, have them sign-up as well. We warmly invite everyone, it is helpful to sign-up as soon as you know you can attend.
Let us know if you cannot come - e-mail email@example.com time.
Please carpool. At No Abode, there is a list of people who can give rides from San Francisco, the East Bay, Sacramento and Marin. Take their contact info for future use.
Bring a bag lunch. Tea is provided.
- There is a work period, you may want to bring work clothes.
- Bring your own cushion or bench. There are a LIMITED amount of zafus.
- Dress in layers or bring shawls, socks, etc.
- Please refrain from wearing any scented products.
- The sitting starts 9:00 am, please be seated at that time.
- There is no set cost for the sitting - a donation is suggested, there are 2 boxes, one for No Abode and one for a teaching donation..
If you are driving to Green Gulch, No Abode is half way between the Arco Station at Tam Junction and Green Gulch Farm.
- From 101, take the exit for Hwy 1, Mill Valley, drive through 1 traffic light to Tam Junction. Arco station to your left. You will be making a LEFT turn
- Going NORTH on Shoreline Highway (Hwy 1), using the Arco station as a landmark, go approximately 2 miles
- You'll see a green sign ERICA ROAD - turn left. Immediately to your right is Friars Lane. See below about parking No Abode is at the end of the cul-de-sac - 8 Friars Lane
Because No Abode is in a residential neighborhood, we ask that you park on Erica Road and walk to No Abode. It is important that you do not park in front of any mailboxes. USPS will not deliver mail if the mailbox is blocked by a car! If you need to park at No Abode, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org so we can accommodate you.
- For further info on Tenshin Roshi, go to www.RebAnderson.org