Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
• You want to leave behind the stories of your life for your kids or grandkids.
• You want to finally finish that novel you’ve been working on for 9 years.
• You're a poet who has lost her muse in the piles of laundry.
• You used to journal, but don't any longer - and want to again.
• You want to get an agent, make millions, and have Sandra Bullock or Johnny Depp play you in the movie.
Up until now you have started and stopped dozens of times. You’ve taken a tentative step forward, but shrunk away in a sea of self doubt or in the chaos of daily life.
You want to finally develop a consistent, sustainable, daily writing practice that feels great, helps you see life more clearly, forces you to pay attention in new ways — but you can’t.
That’s what VerbTribe is for. It’s for the writer who is committed to the task, but needs help and support to get there.
If you are committed to writing, let’s sit down and write together. Because a writer is the person who stays in the room, sits back down, and writes, no matter how fascinating the laundry just got.
My name is Patti Digh. I’m a writer. It's taken me a very long time to own that, to say that.
Before I started this process, I didn’t even have a blog. Now I’ve been writing consistently at 37days for seven years and have written over 1,500 posts, 100+ published articles, and six books.
I'd like to share how I did that with you.
When you join the VerbTribe 37-day class, you won’t be asked to lock yourself in your room and write for five hours a day, but it does involve a daily commitment to create. I’ll be here to guide the way. All you need to do is write and trust that it adds up. It truly does. Threads show themselves when you make sure that inspiration strikes every morning at 9am or every evening at 9pm — your schedule, your way, but writing consistently is what members of the VerbTribe do.
We’re going to focus on process, not product. We’re going to focus on writing as a verb. The act of writing. The sitting down, the pen to paper or fingers to keyboard. Only then we can focus on form, content, voice. Each are vital. You can know everything there is to know about writing–but if you’re not cultivating a writing practice, it won’t help.
Together, we’ll dive into the art of writing. We’ll explore ways to stop making excuses and get writing. I’ll be your writing coach, mentor, and nudger.
We’re going to do this for 37 days at a time–because I believe you can change your life in 37 days. In fact, I know you can.
This class is 37 days long.
After 37 days in the VerbTribe you will have:
• A clear understanding of the patterns that have stopped you from writing in the past
• The capacity to write each and every day (intention) -- regardless of what is going on in your daily life (circumstance)
• Tools to improve both your writing process and product
• A clear view of what you long to say in the world
• A community of peers to stay in touch with as support for each other
• A way into your unique voice
What you get:
• My attention, encouragement, and expertise as the author of six books, including the bestsellers, Life is a Verb and Creative is a Verb.
• Provocative, imagination-busting daily writing prompts – every single day for the duration of the time you’re enrolled.
• A structure for writing–and accountability.
• Three 75-minute group workshop calls for writing workshop, reviews, and coaching on February 6, February 20, and March 5th at 4 pm ET / 3 pm CT / 2 pm MT / 1 pm PT
• Recordings of every call for you to listen to on your schedule.
• Members-only private Facebook group for community support and further feedback from me for the duration of the class (37 days), plus two weeks.
• Special pricing on hourly individual coaching, products & classes. (Alumni of this course will receive a 25% discount on subsequent VerbTribe classes offered in 2012)
What I ask you to bring:
• Commitment to developing a sustainable writing practice.
• Commitment to doing the work.
• Commitment to reading the work of others and learning how to workshop them constructively.
• Commitment to your own voice.
• Commitment to showing up–fully.
• Commitment to never apologizing for your work–and never making excuses.
Registration closes at 9pm ET on January 30, 2012
The class runs from February 1 - March 8, 2012. Two options are available, one on a more individualized basis.
1. VerbTribe: $250
2. VerbTribe Intensive: $425 – you receive everything in the VerbTribe offer, plus
• Two additional group workshop calls on February 13 and February 27 at 4pm ET/ 3pm CT / 2pm MT / 1pm PT in a small group of no more than 10
• Each person will have the opportunity to have one 10-page manuscript workshopped by me and the rest of the group each month
• We’ll rotate “workshopping” each other’s writing, so you’ll get the benefit of having other readers respond in a constructive, supportive, clear way to your writing. We’ll provide clear, constructive suggestions for improvement.
• Limited to 10 people in each 37 day session
Life is short. Write accordingly.
Registration Closes at 9pm on January 30, 2012!
Even though VerbTribe is sold out, it is possible that Waitlist spots will be opened up this evening after registration closes. If you'd like to be informed if a spot opens up in this session, please join the Waitlist before 9pm tonight (Jan 30)!
Hope to see you in the VerbTribe!