Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organiser, or organise your very own event.
Free Apprenticeship Breakfast Seminar for Manchester Businesses
Tuesday, 21 February 2012 from 07:45 to 09:45 (GMT)
Manchester, United Kingdom
We are delighted to invite you to one of three, free Apprenticeship Breakfast Seminars taking place in Manchester in 2012
Many people don’t realise that apprenticeships are training programmes for employees of all ages – not just young people. Apprentices will often attend college to undertake a work related programme of study. In addition they will be expected to gather evidence from the work they do with their employer to support a competence based qualification
Manchester City Council in partnership with the National Apprenticeship Service, The Manchester College, Skills Solutions and Jobcentre Plus are committed to helping Manchester employers train the skilled workforce they need.
The specially invited guest speakers will demonstrate how apprenticeships can assist Manchester businesses to build a stronger economy and embed sustainable growth.
If you’re still not convinced about the benefits of apprenticeships, you will get the opportunity to find out about pre apprenticeship opportunities such as work placement initiatives, some of which may be able to provide subsidies.
Friday 27th January 2012, The Manchester College, Wythenshawe Campus
Tuesday 21st February 2012, The Etihad Stadium, New East Manchester
Friday 23rd March 2012, The Manchester College, Fielden Park Campus
Manchester City Council recently conducted a survey with Manchester employers. The survey told us that 17% of Manchester businesses employ apprentices and a further 14% said they were likely to employ apprentices in the near future. Research shows that:
- More than 80% of employers who employ apprentices agree they make their workplace more productive.
- 92% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce.
- 83% of employers who employ apprentices rely on their apprenticeships programme to provide the skilled workers that they need for the future.
- One in five employers are hiring more apprentices to help them through the tough economic climate. (source www.apprenticeships.org.uk)
What are the benefits of apprenticeships?
- Training that is relevant to YOUR business
- Skilled and qualified staff to enhance the performance and reputation of your company
- A committed and motivated workforce that recognises the value of a progressive employer
- Less skill shortages in your company and the assurance that your staff are trained to the latest standards of industry
Come along and find out how apprenticeships can help your business!
7.45am – 8.10am Registration and breakfast
8.10am – 8.15am Welcome, Introductions and Overview of Event
8.15am – 8.25 am Skills Shortages in Manchester and the impact on
8.25am – 8.35am The delivery of apprenticeship training
8.35am – 8.45am Apprenticeship case studies
8.45am – 8.55am The role of the National Apprenticeship Service
8.55am – 9.05am Pre Apprenticeship opportunities and work placement schemes
9.05am – 9.10am Final words
9.10am – 9.45am Networking and Information Stalls
If you’d like to attend one of the events please register with Eventbrite at www.eventbrite.co.uk
Alternatively contact Stephanie Banks:
0161 234 1513