Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Lunar New Year Celebration - Year of the Dragon
Saturday, January 28, 2012 from 11:30 AM to 2:00 PM (EST)
Ann Arbor, MI
The Mam Non Organization began with a Lunar Year Festival, a traditional celebration in many Asian countries welcoming another year with loved ones near and far. Our celebrations are kid-friendly, with crafts for all ages as well as performances by talented community groups. The best part is the lion dance troupe, scaring away evil spirits and ushering in good luck for the new year. This is a great opportunity for the adoption and Asian American communities to come together!
Saturday, 11:30AM - 2:00PM
Please Reserve Tickets by January 27th. Walk-ins are welcome however we cannot process credit cards. Cash and checks made out to Mam Non Organization are welcome. Please also email firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan on paying at the door so that we can properly accomodate your family.
- Crafts including Chinese papercutting, lunar calendar, and dragon craft
- Children will receive traditional red envelopes
- Featuring Asian American illustrator Jannie Ho, children's books and artwork available for sale.
- Hip hop workshop and performance by Element1
- Traditional lion dance performance by Michigan Chinese School
- Revolution Chinese Yoyo Diablo Team
- University of Michigan alpha Kappa Delta Phi Chinese ribbon dance
- Comics and manga from Vault of Midnight, featuring Asian American illustrators and authors
- Lunch and goodies for sale provided by No Thai, Eastern Accents, A2Cakes, Godaiko, and Bubble Island
- Note that we will not be able to run credit cards at the event. Cash and checks are welcomed. Food items for sale include bubble tea, sushi rolls, lunch plates, hotdog buns, and cupcakes.
When & Where
Mam Non Organization
Based in Ann Arbor, MI this 12 year old nonprofit supports families with children adopted from Asia through cultural events and a mentoring program.