Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
3 Day Ultimate Barista Training & New Coffee Business Owner 101 Workshop
Fairview Park, OH
3 Day Ultimate Barista Training & New Coffee Business Owner Workshop
Ultimate Barista Training (Day 1 & 2)
- Introduction to the World of Coffee & Espresso:
- History of Coffee, Origins, Processing
- Machines, Grinders and Small Wares You’ll Need & Use
- Bar Layout & Etiquette
- Pulling the Perfect Shot: Demo and Hands On
- Steaming and Frothing For Perfection: Demo and Hands On
- Pouring, Steaming and Frothing for a Latte, Cappuccino, Macchiato and Everything In Between
- Drink Building & Flavors
- Non-coffee and blender beverages: Italian sodas, chai, frappes, teas
- Alternate Coffee Brewing Methods, Techniques and Equipment
- Demonstration of Chemex, Siphon, Hario, Melita, Clever, Aeropress, French press and cold brew
- Developing a palate
- Proper coffee grind for each method
- Water to coffee ratio
- Specific brewing method for a specific coffee
- Operation of coffee equipment
- Equipment cleaning and maintenance
- Coffee storage and freshness
- Iced Coffee Brewing & Serving Techniques
- Consistency and It’s Importance, Customer Service, Continuous Training
- Equipment Maintenance and Cleaning
- Roll Playing
- Q& A
New Coffee Shop Business Owner Workshop (Day 3)
Having the right tools and information to open your new coffee shop business is essential to your success. In this workshop, we will talk about:
- Pre-Opening Financial Planning
- Start Up Costs and Pro Forma Financials
- What Type of Shop Should I Open?
- Income Projection, Break Even Analysis, Cash Flow, Balance Sheet
- Equipment, Leasehold Improvements, Opening Ops Costs
- Funding Source
- Business Plan Development
- Picking the Right Location
- Lease Negotiation
- Café and Store Design
- Selecting Equipment
- Menu Development
- Hiring Management
- Small Wares and Supplies
- Consumables & Paper Goods
- Store Operations
- Grand Opening and Onward
- Coffee and Espresso Catering, Farmers Markets, Festivals and Other Events
- Specialty Coffee Marketing
- Coffee Sourcing and Picking a Roaster
Classes are limited to 8 students so there is a good student-instructor ratio. This 3 day course combines our 'Ultimate Barista Training' & our 'New Coffee Shop Business Owner 101 Workshop'. It is essential for all owners of a coffee shop business. Whether you are just getting into the industry or are needing to become more hands-on in your shop, this workshop is for you. It teaches basic, intermediate and advanced barista skills paired with classroom learning to give you the tools you need to feel confidant about opening or operating a coffee business. With my experience and our interaction, you will leave my workshop and possess the skills you will need to open and/or own a coffee shop business as well as work as a barista in your own shop.
My prices are the some of the lowest in the industry because I do not believe that learning should be so expensive. I am Tony DiCorpo and I am the owner and instructor. I have been a coffee shop owner, operator and barista and am now a roaster, espresso caterer, barista trainer and coffee consultant. I have been in the industry for nearly 10 years.
Please call me (Tony) at (216) 370-3262 or email tony at northcoastbaristaschool.com if you have any questions.
North Coast Barista School@ Troubadour Coffee Co.
22370 Lorain Rd
Troubadour Coffee Roasters
My name is Tony DiCorpo. My company is Troubadour Coffee Roasters in Fairview Park, Ohio. I am a coffee bar owner, operator, barista, roaster and coffee consultant and in the coffee industry for 10 years.
Please call me at (216) 370-3262 or email tony at troubadourcoffeeco.com if you have any questions.
I can help you learn about the coffee business, teach you about opening a coffee shop and help you learn valuable tools to become a barista.
We have been featured in the Cleveland Plain Dealer and offer article advice to Specialty Coffee Retailer, Fresh Cup and other publications from time to time.