Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Intro to Adobe Illustrator
Saturday, February 18, 2012 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM (EST)
Brooklyn, United States
Are you curious about how to make vector graphics? Maybe you have Adobe Creative Suite for Photoshop or some of the other programs but have yet to delve into the world of Illustrator. Well, now is your chance to learn more about one of the most widely-used vector programs out there!
We will cover:
- What the heck is a vector, anyway?
- Getting to know the Adobe workspace- guides, grids, layers, artboards
- Creating objects- shapes, pen/pencil tools, livetrace, pathfinder
- Transforming objects- arrange, scale, clipping masks, envelopes
- Changing appearances- colors, swatches, brushes, transparency, mesh, livepaint
- File settings and formats- Importing, exporting, web vs. print
-And whatever else I can cram into two hours of vector-based excitement.
Please bring a laptop with some version of Adobe Illustrator on it (ideally CS3 or newer). If you don't already own the program, you can download a free 30-day trial here: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=design_premium
Taught by Caitlin Sherman, a friend of Resistor who has been using Adobe Illustrator nearly constantly since entering the fashion design industry four years ago.