Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
QPR for Suicide Prevention | Eugene | 2/10
Eugene, United States
Did you know…
• Every 17 minutes, at least 6 Americans lose a loved one to suicide
• 66% of those individuals who died by suicide showed warning signs to family and friends
• Oregon’s suicide rate is 35% higher than the national average.
• Suicide is the second leading cause of death among Oregon youth aged 10-24.
You have the opportunity to make a difference—you have the chance to help save a life.
QPR for Suicide Prevention
Question, Persuade, Refer
February 10, 2012
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Lane Education Service District - 1200 Highway 99 North, Eugene
During this training you will learn more about:
• The problem of suicide nationally and in Lane County
• Common myths and facts associated with suicide
• Warning signs of suicide
• Tips for asking the suicide question
• Methods for persuading suicidal individuals to get help
• Ways of referring at-risk people to local resourcesWarning signs of suicide
There is no charge to attend, but space is limited. Please register no later than February 6th.
For more information, contact Sandy Moses at email@example.com or (541) 682-3650.