Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Dietary Supplements - Regulatory Compliance Requirements, Product Claims, Labeling Issues and FDA Updates
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
Why Should You Attend:
With the FDA beginning to take a stronger stance on Dietary Supplement enforcement, it is important for companies to verify that their products comply with the latest regulations and provisions.
This 90 minute training will review the dietary supplement regulations and discuss how to verify that your products are compliant, while citing differences with food and drug regulations. We will also cover what qualifies a material as a dietary ingredient, considerations for manufacturers and distributors, requirements for compliant labeling and acceptable marketing claims. An update on FDA’s draft guidance for New Dietary Ingredients and an overview of the Dietary Supplement Labeling Act (both introduced in 2011) will also be discussed.
At the conclusion of this 75 minute presentation, there will be a 15 minute Q&A session with the speaker.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- Dietary Supplement Overview
- What is a dietary supplement?
- Supplements vs. Pharmaceuticals/OTC Drugs/Conventional Foods.
- Regulatory Structure
- FDA Structure regarding Dietary Supplements.
- Industry Groups.
- History of Dietary Supplement Regulation
- Early History & DSHE.
- Code of Federal Regulations.
- Manufacturing Considerations
- Company & Facility Registration.
- GMP Requirements.
- Dietary Ingredients
- What qualifies as a dietary ingredient?
- Old dietary ingredients vs. New dietary ingredients.
- New Dietary Ingredient Notification (NDIN).
- Updated New Dietary Ingredient Guidance from FDA.
- Labeling Considerations
- Display Panels & Layout.
- Supplement Facts Panel Requirements.
- Labeling Claims.
- Health vs. Disease vs. Structure/Function claims.
- Notification of labeling claims to FDA.
- Dietary Supplement Labeling Act.
- Advertising Considerations
- FDA vs. FTC jurisdiction & enforcement.
- Expressed vs. Implied Claims.
- Disclosures & Claim Substantiation.
- Questions & Answers.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.