Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Best Practices in Organ and Tissue Donation: Austin Area Hospitals
Wednesday, February 15, 2012 from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (CST)
Open to Critical Care Staff, RTs, OR, Chaplains, Social Workers, Administration
TOSA WORKSHOP LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Discuss the critical shortage of organs available for transplant
- Discuss CMS & JCAHO Regulations and HRSA Community of Practice Goals related to organ donation
- Discuss the potential for organ and tissue donation in your hospital
- Describe the role of the hospital staff in the donation process
- Discuss First Person Consent and the different methods for approaching families about donation
- Describe donor management and recovery procedures and processes
7 contact hours for FREE!
Breakfast & Lunch Provided!
When & Where
Texas Organ Sharing Alliance
The Texas Organ Sharing Alliance (TOSA) is one of only 58 non-profit 501(c)(3), independent, federally-designated Organ Procurement Organizations (OPOs) in the United States dedicated to educating and providing organ donation and recovery services to families wishing to donate and to those waiting for a life-saving organ transplant. Founded in 1975, TOSA serves 56 counties in South and Central Texas.
Contact: Jody Gibson
Office Direct 512.342.8017