Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
[POSTPONDED) Fire up Social Media for Social Change
Saturday, December 24, 2011 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PST)
San Francisco, CA
Location: Event Postponded, (please register to be notified for 2012 dates)
Social Media with Facebook, Twitter and platforms like Change.org and Awaaz.org are changing are playing a pivotal role in bringing about social change via the power of the people.
Twitter: 100M+ Active Users, 600K New Accounts and 200M+ Tweets / Day
Facebook: 800M+ Active Users, 900 million+ objects that people interact with daily, average user connected to 80 community pages, groups and events.
Come and learn how to promote a cause, garner support for your work as well as learn how to leverage social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter to virally spread your message and spark debates and conversations.
- Create and Operate: Facebook, Twitter, Change.org (create petitions)
- Spread the word: Writing and distributing press releases, PR tactics and strategy, blogs and website, bulk email, live event streaming
- Monitor: Ongoing campaign performance; analyze statistics, re-adapt, and also auto-monitoring Social Conversations and Google News.
- Group Collaboration: Identify and organize a list of resources you have, what you still require, mobilize resources quickly and communicate online efficiently. Engage and interact using Google docs, Google forms, Google groups
- 9- 10 am : Campaigns that brought about significant change
- 10 -11 am : Inner workings of the Free Pancho and Bank of America campaigns
- 11 - 12 pm : Learn about how to go viral on Facebook
- 12 - 1 pm : Lunch Break
- 1 - 2 pm : Learn how to go viral on Twitter
- 2 - 3 pm : Petition platforms: Awaaz and Change.org, Presented by Industry Expert
- 4 - 4:30 pm : Conversation Monitoring Platforms such as SocialSprout
- 4:30 - 5 pm : Closing and Q&A
When & Where
Mr. Patel is a world-wide expert in Social Media, Online Marketing & Advertising optimization. He has been quoted or featured in numerous industry trade journals and national newspapers including the NBC, CNN, Business 2.0, Business Week, Fox News, Internet Retailer, Direct Magazine, DM News and the San Jose Mercury News. He is a frequent speaker at industry-wide conferences on Digital Distribution & Entrepreneurship. He has taught courses at UC Berkeley and is also a SuperMentor at 500 Startups (www.500.co) that provides early-stage companies with funding ranging from $10K to $250K via seed investments. Mr Patel holds an MBA in General Management & Brand Marketing from Cornell's Johnson Graduate School of Business. Full profile: http://linkd.in/vkTs6G