Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organiser, or organise your very own event.
How to be an Effective Head of Drama
Monday, 19 December 2011 from 10:00 to 16:00 (GMT)
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
This course is suitable for those new to a position of Head of Department, those who want
to ‘refresh’ themselves in line with recent educational innovation or those looking to develop their skills for the future ready to take on the role of Head of Department. It looks at the fundamental principles of a Drama department and how to raise the profile of the department within a school. The course covers, progression in drama, short, medium and long term planning and the key elements that underpin drama and the production of quality practical and written work. Support will be provided for all the elements of becoming a Head of Department, from unpicking school and department policy, (including copiable resources) to picking the right exam courses and ensuring success, to supporting other staff within your department including effective observation.
- Creation of Department Handbook and policy writing.
- How to design a progressive Drama curriculum from Key stage 3 to 4 and 5.
- Planning, writing and delivering effective and comprehensive Schemes of Work.
- Building an assessment framework and target setting for Drama.
- Behaviour management.
- Training and supporting the non- specialist in your department.
- Effective observations and helping others to make progress explicit in a lesson to ensure good or better lessons across your department.
- Raising the profile of Drama across the school.
When & Where
Shipstones Business Centre