If you have any questions regarding registrations, see our FAQ section or send us an email
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION - We are offering an Early Bird Registration period for an automatic $10 off. This period will last until 3 weeks prior to the end of league registrations. Sign up early, save some money and feel comfortable knowing yu secured a spot in our league. If you're the the type who waits til the last minute, it will cost a little bit more, and you run the risk of being placed on a wait list due to the league filling up.
Dust off those basketball skills (if you possess them) with 5-on-5 Breakaway Basketball! Ladies are more than welcome to play, but are not required to be on your team. However, we know plenty of talented women that can dribble circles around guys, so we definitely encourage you to invite all of your female friends to sign up! Played at Discovery Middle School, we will have two games running each hour. Basketballs, hired official referees, stats and scorekeeping will be awaiting you at the gym, you just need to bring your sneakers and be ready to have some fun!
Format & Rules Overview
- 5 on 5 – no gender rules.
- 2 divisions - Competitive & Recreational
- Teams must start the game with at least four (4) players and finish with no less than four.
- 2 uniformed referees every game
- Games will consist of two (2) – 20 minutes halves, running time. The clock will stop for timeouts and for dead ball situations only in the last two (2) minutes of the game unless a team is winning by 10 or more points.
- First possession will be determined by a jump ball. Alternating possession following thereafter.
- Each team is allowed one 30 second timeout per half.
- Season is 8 weeks (including playoffs)
*Complete rules will be emailed to you before the season starts.
Early Bird Registration ends Tuesday, September 13th at 11:00pm. The cost will then be $65 after.
Game Day Dates
Every Tuesday, starting Sept 27th
Game Day Times
Thursday games will be held from 6:00pm - 10:00pm.
- 1st wave of games are 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- 2nd wave of games are 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- 3rd wave of games are 8:00pm - 9:00pm
- 4th wave of games are 9:00pm - 10:00pm
At Breakaway Social Sports, the social is just as important as the sport. We award prizes every week to select individuals and teams, as well as each leagues championship team. But the real prize is for them having the feeling to choose the charity in need of a helping hand.
The registration fee is $55 ($45 for Early Bird registration) per player. This fee includes:
- 7 weeks of games, including playoffs
- Premium facility to play at
- Official referees for every game
- Game statistics posted on the website
- Game equipment
All individually registered players are required to wear Breakaway reversible jerseys. We sell these jerseys for only $17 (a one-time cost). Plus, they'll look great! If you already purchased a jersey in a prior season, then you're already set. Just make sure all players on that team have one as well.
Teams that are registered are not required to purchase Breakaway jerseys. However, they are required to have matching colored uniforms with numbers on the back (for statistics). We do recommend that teams purchase Breakaway jerseys because it makes the game look more organized. Plus, they can be worn for every other season thereafter.
Breakaway jerseys ($17) are sold separately, and are purchased at your first game of the season. Just bring a credit card with ID, cash, or a check made out to Breakaway Social Sports.
What We're About
Breakaway Social Sports is a community-ran social sports league that offers a variety of athletic competition and social activities. We are also focused on strengthening local businesses and charities in SW Washington while promoting a healthy and active lifestyle for adults.
Play for a Purpose
We at Breakaway Social Sports are dedicated to the enrichment of our community by giving back to local charities. Every time you participate in one of the Breakaway Social Sports leagues you are directly helping support local charities that are making a profound impact on people in need of a helping hand. It is always great to lead a healthy and active lifestyle, but it’s even better to live that lifestyle and make a positive impact on your own community.
1) To host sports and activies that offer an enjoyable and competitive experience.
2) Striving to make a meaningful social impact, and initiating more community involvement.
3) To promote healthy social interaction and provide opportunities to meet new people and build friendships.
Have any questions? You may find what you're seeking over at our Frequently Asked Questions section on our homepage. If you have and comments or questions, feel free contact us anytime and we'll get back to you shortly!