Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
"SWILL TO TWENTY" - 20th Anniversary Festival of Philippine Arts & Culture Kick-Off and Food & Wine Fundraiser
Thursday, September 8, 2011 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM (PDT)
Los Angeles, CA
"SWILL TO TWENTY" - 20th Anniversary Festival of Philippine Arts & Culture
Kick-Off and Food & Wine Fundraiser
Join FilAm ARTS as we raise our glasses in honor of the 20th Anniversary Festival of Philippine Arts & Culture (FPAC 20) – a significant milestone and tradition that for 20 years has amazingly brought together Filipinos from across the region to celebrate community, heritage and cultural pride. "SWILL TO TWENTY", which benefits and kicks-off FPAC, takes place at Swill Automatic, one of Los Angeles Arts District’s hottest new destinations, offering a continually updated array of interesting, reasonably priced self-dispensing wines from all over the world, complemented by a dynamic menu of eclectic, Modern American bar cuisine. (Guests must be 21 or over)
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2011 - 7pm
1820 Industrial Street, Los Angeles, CA 90021
Five delicious tapas, dessert, and drinks
- “Longatacos” - Longsilog Tacos
- Hottentots - tater tots even better than your friend’s mom used to make, with Gruyere cheese and spice
- BanhMi Sliders - delectable little Filipino-Vietnamese-style pork sandwiches with tangy trimmings
- Moroccan Meatballs - house-made meatballs infused with North African spices in a tangy tomato sauce
- Roasted Stuffed Peppadews - tangy South African peppers, wrapped w/prosciutto & stuffed with cheese
- Dessert - Gourmet cotton candy from Tasty Clouds Cotton Candy Company
- Two Drink Coupons - for wines, beer, or wine cards (pour your own drinks)
*** Space is Limited - Advance Ticket Purchase Highly Recommended ***
General Admission - $55 donation per person
Ninong/Ninang FilAm ARTS Donors*
* For a donation of $100 to FilAm ARTS, you’ll receive free admission to "Swill To Twenty", plus five tickets to FPAC, an FPAC 20th Anniversary DVD and a Special Edition FPAC 20 T-Shirt!
Meet and Greet with FPAC 20 Artist -- Latin Soul Legend JOE BATAAN
Known for such hits as "Ordinary Guy (Afrofilipino)," "Gypsy Woman," and "Mi Nube (My Cloud)" Joe Bataan's music has a multigenerational and multicultural reach. He returns to FPAC to bless us again with his music and boundless energy.
*A portion of the proceeds benefit The Association for the Advancement of Filipino American Arts and Culture, also known as FilAm ARTS, a multi-disciplinary community arts organization whose mission is to advance the understanding of the arts and diverse cultural heritage of Filipinos in the United States. FilAm ARTS is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization; donations are tax-deductible. FilAm ARTS presents the 20th Anniversary Festival of Philippine Arts & Culture (FPAC), the largest showcase of its kind in Southern California, taking place on Sat and Sun, September 10-11, 2011 at Pt. Fermin Park in San Pedro - Los Angeles, California. For more information, visit www.filamarts.org
Nerissa Silao - email@example.com, Twitter: @nerissas
When & Where
FilAm ARTS is a multi-disciplinary community arts organization whose mission is to advance the understanding of the arts and diverse cultural heritage of Filipinos in the United States. FilAm ARTS is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization; donations are tax-deductible.
FilAm ARTS proudly presents the 22nd Annual Festival of Philippine Arts & Culture (FPAC), the largest showcase of its kind in Southern California. The 22nd Annual FPAC takes place this year on September 7-8, 2013 at Point Fermin Park in San Pedro, Los Angeles, California. www.filamarts.org