Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Certified Flex 3 Training, Jersey City, NJ
Monday, December 8, 2008 at 9:00 AM - Friday, December 12, 2008 at 5:00 PM (EST)
Jersey City, NJ
This course is designed by Adobe for application developers who want to bring the power of Rich Internet Applications to their Web applications using Flex 3. We use original Adobe courseware.
The training facilities are located within 5 minutes walk from the Exchange Place Path station and is an easy commute from Manhattan.
This five days training is delivered by Dr. Victor Rasputnis who authored several books and many technical articles. SYS-CON Books released his latest co-authored book , "Rich Internet Applications with Adobe Flex and Java: Secrets of the Masters" in Spring 2007. Currently, he works on a book for Oreilly titled "Enterprise Application Development with Flex". He is an Adobe Certified Flex Instructor.
This training includes the following two courses created by Adobe:
Flex3: Developing Rich Client Applications (3days)
Below is a brief course outline. For more details, please see
Introducing Adobe Flex 3
Getting Started with Flex Builder 3
Learning Flex Fundamentals
Using Simple Controls
Laying Out an Application with Containers
Laying out an Application Using Constraint-Based Layout
Using View States for Application Design
Creating Application Navigation
Customizing the Application
Using MXML and ActionScript Data Models
Exchanging Data Between Components Using Custom Events
Retrieving XML Data with HTTPService
Displaying Data Using the DataGrid
Flex 3 and Live Cycle Data Services: Integrating With Data and Messaging (2 Days)
Below is a brief course outline. For more details see
Accessing Web Services
Introduction to Flex Data Services
Using Java Classes as Remote Object Services
Validating and Formatting Data
Manipulating Complex Data
Using the Flex Message Service
Using the Flex Data Management Service
Providing XML to Controls with E4X
After taking this course attendees will be able to:
• Quickly build Flex user interfaces using Eclipse-based Flex Builder IDE
• Handle events and data structures
• Use remote XML data with controls
• Create custom components with MXML
• Use custom events
• Use controls, DataGrids, and ItemRenderers with Data Sets
• Build attractive site navigation into the application
• Create highly interactive forms with data validation
• Access server side objects and applications
• Populate your Flex application at runtime with data from an external web services
• Transmit data from your Flex application to a web service (including file uploads)
• Create a Flex application that dynamically interacts with XML, web services, and Java-based server-side systems
• Manipulate complex data sets at runtime based on user requests
Additional unit: Creating applications with BlazeDS
Note: Students must bring their own laptops.
When & Where
Farata Systems is a leading IT consulting and product development company providing enterprise-wide IT solutions specializing in the area of rich internet applications. We hire experts who have established long term successful track records of developing enterprise applications, not just talking about them.