Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Plastics: Theory and Practice
Weekly Event - Every Saturday: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PDT)
This course is designed to introduce students to basic concepts and techniques used throughout the plastics industry. The objective is to expose everyone to the fundamentals of plastics, product design, basic processing techniques, secondary operations and tooling. Students will be given handouts showing how and where to get more detailed information on a variety of plastic related topics. This course should be valuable to all technical, scientific and engineering personnel, either entering the field of plastics or who are interested in broadening their knowledge of materials and processing techniques. It is also suitable for individuals in plastics sales, marketing, purchasing, and quality assurance.
• Plastics Industry Overview, History, Growth, Future
• Polymer Chemistry Basics
• Polymer Structure-Properties-Applications
• Modified Plastics-Alloys-Composites
• Product Design Basics
• Material Selection Process & Interpreting Material Data Sheets
• Plastics Identification Techniques
• Processing Techniques
• Plastics Tooling
• Decorating and Printing
• Assembly and Secondary Operations
• Part Costing
• Testing and Failure Analysis
• Plastics Industry Standards and Organizations
• Educations and Seminars
• Where to Get Information
For more information, please visit: http://www.ceu.csupomona.edu/c/coid=3125/011/index.html