Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Raleigh Storytelling Seminar
Wednesday, April 25, 2012 from 11:25 AM to 1:25 PM (EDT)
The proven tips you need to use stories effectively in your marketing
What do you get from the seminar?
It’s about marketing, it’s about sales. It’s about knowing how to present your brand. But there’s no one way to tell a story, and the seminar format allows for a free flow of ideas and sharing of opinions. It produces creative discussion, led by people who have learned to tell a variety of stories in a new way.
A few tweets about our last seminar:
@BethanySchuelke Awesome seminar! Highly recommended > @accav accav.com/blog/commercia… -Commercials, Movies, and Clips, Oh My! #storytelling seminar recap
-Great storytelling seminar @accav. Gave me new perspective on using good #stories to make#marketing memorable...ppl remember great stories
@jasonmstanley: @accav @alex_ford @BethanySchuelke @o3strategies @FormaLSM good seeing you as well, really enjoyed the storytelling marketing seminar!
@alex_ford: good seminar @accav. even better that they used scenes from the royal tenenbaums. good story telling = wes anderson
Who should come?
- Marketers wanting to effectively tell their company’s story
- Entrepreneurs wanting to create a story for their business
- Writers interested in better marketing their company’s story
What exactly is included?
- Storytelling tips
- Creative discussion
- Proven practices
- Insights from people who create stories for businesses
- Examples of successful stories
- Break-out sessions to review personal marketing pieces (new this time!)
Why does storytelling matter in business?
1) People don’t really care about your business! I hate to say it but it’s true. But a good story is irresistible and it will get people thinking about your business more than a list of features that your business provides.
2) Our brains like stories. The human mind has come to seek out stories as a way to make sense of the world around you. When you hear a well-told story about a fight between two brothers, your brain says, “Oh yea, my brother is just like that!”
3) Believe it or not, your company has a story. In my experience, a vast majority of people don’t feel they have a story or that their story is interesting to anybody. The truth is, your story is VERY interesting if you know how to tell it correctly. And guess, what?, Companies are made up of people. You just need to find their stories.
4) Follow the money. Don’t believe me yet? Did you know that Americans alone spent over 34 billion dollars to watch movies last year? (not including popcorn sales!) So why are people willing leave their homes, plunk down $10 and sit for 2 hours in a darkened theater when they won’t even give your marketing 3 seconds of their attention? This should be a rhetorical question but I’ll make it easier for you: movies have great stories, your marketing probably doesn’t!
Who is leading the seminar?
Ammon Ehrisman is a Professional Video Producer with 10 years of experience creating videos for businesses and nonprofits throughout the country. Since joining Atlantic Creative, Ammon has produced four award-winning videos for American Heart Association, Atlantic Creative, Carolina Ale House and Walmart. Videos that Ammon creates depend heavily on the story being told and he focuses on that. He believes that a good story, told in the right way, is at the heart of every successful video.
What should you do now?
Register above, or... tweet (include @accav) about this event (#yourstoryinHD) for a 25% off discount code
Please note: 1/2 of all ticket sales proceeds will be donated to Cause for Paws
For More Information on Atlantic Creative Communications:
When & Where
At Atlantic Creative, we believe that a good story told with interesting characters is the best way to get your brand message across. In short, we will help you succeed by telling great stories.
Your Story in HD.