If you have any questions regarding registrations, see our FAQ section or send us an email
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION - We are offering an Early Bird Registration period for an automatic $10 off. This period will last until 3 weeks prior to the end of league registrations. Sign up early, save some money and feel comfortable knowing you secured a spot in the league. If you're the type who waits til the last minute, it will cost a little more, and you run the risk of being placed on a wait list due ot the league filling up.
Remember elementary school? Great! Now do you remember those breaks you took during those class days? Yes, that's correct! It's called recess! Now you can relive those recess kickball games and take back your glory days by showing your stuff in Breakaway Kickball! Played exactly as you may, or may not, remember. The pitcher rolls the ball, you kick the snot outta it! Well there's obvously a little more to itl. But it doesn't matter if you're a 22 year old hot-shot or a 58 year old grandparent … this fun pastime game closes the gap on age and athletic skill. You'll feel like a kid again.
Format & Rules Overview
- Co-ed format - 10 players on the field on defense (minimum of 4 ladies)
- Everyone kicks
- Pitchers must roll the ball (no bouncies)
- 2 strikes - an out (2 foul balls equal 1 strke)
- Uniformed referees every game
- Players may only tag a runner with the ball below the neck for an out
- Only ladies are alllowed to bunt (only if score is within 6 runs)
- Each games is played for 7 innings or 55 minutes, whichever comes first
- Each team is responsible for keeping their own team's stats to be turned into the referee after games.
- Season is 8 weeks (including playoffs)
*Complete rules will be emailed to you before the season starts.
Early Bird Registrations ends Tuesday, June 16th at 11:00pm. Cost will then be $65 after this day and will resume until July 7th.
Game Day Dates
Every Saturday, starting July 9th through August 27th.
- July 9th
- July 16th
- July 23rd
- July 30th
- August 6th
- August 13th
- August 20th
- August 27th
Game Day Times
Thursday games will be held from 4:00pm - 7:00pm.
- 1st wave of games are 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- 2nd wave of games are 5:00pm - 6:00pm
- 3rd wave of games are 6:00pm - 7:00pm
All games will be played at Bagley Park at the Softball fields.
At Breakaway Social Sports, the social is just as important as the sport. We award prizes every week to select individuals and teams, as well as each leagues championship team. But the real prize is for them having the feeling to choose the charity in need of a helping hand.
The registration fee is $65 per player. This fee includes:
- 8 weeks of games, including playoffs
- Premium facilities and fields
- Referees for every game
- Game statistics posted on the website
- Game equipment
- Matching Breakaway t-shirts for each team
*For those who cannot pay their registration fee online with a credit card, please contact us and we'll provide you with alternative payment options.
Everyone who registers with Breakaway Kickball is given their matching team t-shirts at the first game of the season. We ask that you select which t-shirt size you need during the registration process. These t-shirts are required for every game.
What We're About
Breakaway Social Sports is a community-ran social sports league that offers a variety of athletic competition and social activities. We are also focused on strengthening local businesses and charities in SW Washington while promoting a healthy and active lifestyle for adults.
Play for a Purpose
We at Breakaway Social Sports are dedicated to the enrichment of our community by giving back to local charities. Every time you participate in one of the Breakaway Social Sports leagues you are directly helping support local charities that are making a profound impact on people in need of a helping hand. It is always great to lead a healthy and active lifestyle, but it’s even better to live that lifestyle and make a positive impact on your own community.
1) To host sports and activies that offer an enjoyable and competitive experience.
2) Striving to make a meaningful social impact, and initiating more community involvement
3) To promote healthy social interaction and provide opportunities to meet new people and build friendships
Have any questions? You may find what you're seeking over at our Frequently Asked Questions section on our homepage. If you have and comments or questions, feel free contact us anytime and we'll get back to you shortly!