Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Starting Your Own Blog on WordPress
Tuesday, April 12, 2011 from 8:00 AM to 10:30 AM (CDT)
Whether you want to start blogging for business or pleasure, this introductory seminar is for you. First, we’ll show you how to set up own blog on the free WordPress platform. Then we’ll teach you how to create posts that will quickly gain an audience. In 2.5 hours, you will learn how to:
· Create a free blog that is hosted on WordPress.com.
· Customize the design of your WordPress blog.
· Build pages on your WordPress blog.
· Install free widgets, including Facebook and Twitter widgets, on your WordPress blog.
· Plan an editorial strategy for your blog.
· Create blog posts that get forwarded.
· Write headlines that are SEO-friendly.
· Find photos and videos that you have legal rights to use.
· Embed individual photos, slide shows and video clips right in your blog post.
· Interact with your readers in your blogs comments.
· Promote your blog on social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
While a wifi-enabled laptop is not required for this seminar, we recommend that you bring one and follow along with our presentation. We’ll be providing handouts and a link to an online tutorial as well. Before the start of class, you should also have already registered an account with WordPress.com.
Our seminar is limited to 20 people and is held at Tribune Tower in conference room 3A. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of our seminar and check in at the main lobby.
All of our seminars are designed and led by Tracy Samantha Schmidt, who also blogs about online marketing strategy at 435Digital. Previously, Tracy was the editorial director of ChicagoNow, the Tribune’s network of 435 blogs. She also taught several graduate-level classes at DePaul University and has presented at conferences nationwide.
When & Where
435 Digital is a consulting group that specializes in social media strategy, SEO, web design and customized training sessions.
Our group is comprised of experts from across Tribune Company. For more information, please go to 435Digital.com.