Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
2 Day Ultimate Barista Training (Advanced)
Fairview Park, OH
Ultimate Barista Training - 2 days - Advanced Level
- Introduction to the World of Coffee & Espresso:
- History of Coffee, Origins, Processing
- Machines, Grinders and Small Wares You’ll Need & Use
- Bar Layout & Etiquette
- Pulling the Perfect Shot: Demo and Hands On
- Steaming and Frothing For Perfection: Demo and Hands On
- Pouring, Steaming and Frothing for a Latte, Cappuccino, Macchiato and Everything In Between
- Drink Building & Flavors
- Non-coffee and blender beverages: Italian sodas, chai, frappes, teas
- Alternate Coffee Brewing Methods, Techniques and Equipment
- Demonstration of Chemex, Siphon, Hario, Melita, Clever, Aeropress, French press and cold brew
- Developing a palate
- Proper coffee grind for each method
- Water to coffee ratio
- Specific brewing method for a specific coffee
- Operation of coffee equipment
- Equipment cleaning and maintenance
- Coffee storage and freshness
- Iced Coffee Brewing & Serving Techniques
- Consistency and It’s Importance, Customer Service, Continuous Training
- Equipment Maintenance and Cleaning
- Roll Playing
- Q& A
Classes are limited to 8 students so there is a good student-instructor ratio. This training workshop will give you the basics for working in a coffee shop or espresso bar as well as advanced skills including lots of hands-on time at the espresso bar and machine and working with alternate brewing methods. A few steps above our Professional Barista class, this 2 day 'Ultimate Barista Training Workshop' is essential for all owners of a coffee shop business or anyone wanting to work as a professional barista. Whether you are just getting into the industry or are needing to become more hands-on in your own shop, this workshop is for you. With my experience and our interaction, you will leave my workshop and possess the skills you will need to work as a professional barista.
My prices are the some of the lowest in the industry because I do not believe that learning should be so expensive. I am Tony DiCorpo and I am the owner and instructor. I have been a coffee shop owner, operator and barista and am now a roaster, espresso caterer, barista trainer and coffee consultant. I have been in the industry for nearly 10 years.
Please call me (Tony) at (216) 370-3262 or email tony at northcoastbaristaschool.com if you have any questions.
North Coast Barista School@ Troubadour Coffee Co.
22370 Lorain Rd
Troubadour Coffee Roasters
My name is Tony DiCorpo. My company is Troubadour Coffee Roasters in Fairview Park, Ohio. I am a coffee bar owner, operator, barista, roaster and coffee consultant and in the coffee industry for 10 years.
Please call me at (216) 370-3262 or email tony at troubadourcoffeeco.com if you have any questions.
I can help you learn about the coffee business, teach you about opening a coffee shop and help you learn valuable tools to become a barista.
We have been featured in the Cleveland Plain Dealer and offer article advice to Specialty Coffee Retailer, Fresh Cup and other publications from time to time.