Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Hadoop Training for System Administrators - Seattle- Mar 10-11
Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 9:00 AM - Friday, March 11, 2011 at 5:00 PM (PST)
This two-day hands-on training course from Cloudera is for system administrators and others responsible for managing Hadoop clusters in production or development environments.
You will learn
- How the Hadoop Distributed File System and MapReduce work
- What hardware configurations are optimal for Hadoop clusters
- What network considerations to take into account when building out your cluster
- How to configure Hadoop's options for best cluster performance
- How to configure the FairScheduler to provide service-level agreements for multiple users of a cluster
- How to maintain and monitor your cluster
- How to load data into the cluster from dynamically-generated files using Flume, and from relational database management systems using Sqoop
- What system administration issues exist with other Hadoop projects such as Hive, Pig, and HBase
Throughout the course, hands-on labs help students build their knowledge and apply the concepts being discussed.
Following the training, attendees will have an opportunity to take the Cloudera Certified Hadoop Administrator exam.
This course is designed for people with at least a basic level of Linux system administration experience. Prior knowledge of Hadoop is not required.
The course covers the following topics:
- An Introduction To Hadoop And HDFS
- Why Hadoop?
- Hive, Pig, HBase and other sub-projects
- Planning Your Hadoop Cluster
- General Planning Considerations
- Choosing The Right Hardware
- Node Topologies
- Choosing The Right Software
- Deploying Your Cluster
- Installing Hadoop
- Typical Configuration Parameters
- Cluster Maintenance
- Starting and stopping MapReduce jobs
- Checking HDFS with fsck
- Copying data with distcp
- Rebalancing cluster nodes
- Adding and removing cluster nodes
- Backup And Restore
- Upgrading and Migrating
- Scheduling Jobs
- The FIFO Scheduler
- The Fair Scheduler
- Cluster Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- General system profiling
- Using the NameNode UI to inspect the filesystem
- Monitoring with Ganglia
- Other monitoring tools
- Hadoop Log Files
- Benchmarking Your Cluster
- Typical problems
- Useful alerts
- Dealing with a corrupt NameNode
- Installing And Managing Other Hadoop Projects
- Populating HDFS
- Inserting dynamic data with Flume
- Inserting data from databases using Sqoop
- Cloudera Certified Hadoop Administrator Exam
When & Where
Cloudera brings Hadoop to enterprise users. We provide a certified distribution based on the most recent stable release from Apache, online and live training, as well as commercial support.