Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Introduction to Graphic Facilitation 2-Day Workshop - May 2011
Sunday, May 15, 2011 at 7:00 PM - Tuesday, May 17, 2011 at 5:00 PM (EDT)
Potomac, United States
WHY TAKE THIS WORKHOP?
As a result of participating in this course you will be able to:
- Get the most out of your meetings
- Increase participant engagement
- Organize complex concepts
- Increase cross-generational communication and understanding
- Establish a foundation for leading strategic visioning sessions through the use of simple graphic frameworks
People frequently ask if you need to have training as an artist to learn to be a graphic facilitator. The answer is no! The only prerequisites are a sense of curiosity, a willingness to try new things and a strong interest in helping groups to become more creative, efficient and effective.
OUR APPROACH TO TEACHING GRAPHIC FACILITATION
- Simple techniques for transforming group process
- Engaging, visual alternatives to PowerPoint
- Routines you can practice right away to reinforce what you’ve learned and put you on a path towards proficiency
- Hands-on opportunities to work individually, in pairs and with small groups to support a variety of learning styles
- Case studies from public and private sector projects
- Templates (pre-drawn visual frameworks) to support group process
- Opportunities to apply what you’re learning to a current project or initiative
- Tricks-of-the-trade to instantly improve your flip charting skills
- Strategies for engaging participants and moving discussions forward
- Supportive, individualized coaching and feedback
- Two days of highly interactive training with two trainers
- Breakfast, snacks, lunch (and dinner for those who choose the overnight
- A full kit of supplies to get you started including workshop manual, large rolls of paper, a set of color markers, chalk pastels, artists’ tape, paper cutter and more!
- Access to on-line resources following the workshop
Deirdre Crowley is the founder of Crowley & Co., a DC-based consultancy specializing in making the complex simple and supporting big picture thinking and problem solving through the use of facilitated, interactive discussions, graphic recording and visual tools.
Prior to founding Crowley & Co. in 2004, Ms. Crowley was a senior consultant for The Grove Consultants International in San Francisco, California. Together with the Grove Consultants International, Ms. Crowley has been at the forefront of the visual practitioner movement in establishing the use of communication design techniques for complex problem solving.
Ms. Crowley’s clients include Microsoft, Mars Incorporated, the Lance Armstrong Foundation, Deloitte, the Department of Homeland Security, the President’s Cancer Panel and the United States Pentagon Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Phil Kiracofe is the founder of Gooseworks Consulting, an experiential learning company specializing in personal, team and organizational development. He brings a unique academic background of psychology, sociology, and kinesiology to his passion for experiential learning and group dynamics.
Mr. Kiracofe believes strongly in an interactive and multi-faceted approach to learning and often utilizes graphic facilitation techniques to complement presentation-based and experiential education.
He has designed and facilitated programs for hundreds of companies, schools, and organizations to strengthen teams, improve effectiveness, and develop more productive work environments.
Registration with a "two-night hotel stay" includes check-in on May 15, 2011 and check-out on May 17, 2011 at the Bolger Center.
The Bolger Center's campus style setting creates an inviting atmosphere for both the business and leisure traveler. Located fifteen miles from the White House, the Hotel and Conference Center is close to Reagan National, Dulles International and BWI Airports. The Bolger Center has free wireless access, fabulous fitness facilities, indoor swimming pool, and newly renovated rooms.
Visit the Bolger Center Website »
Please call Crowley & Co. at (724) 225-8668 if there is any additional information or support in registering that we can provide.
When & Where
Crowley & Co.
Crowley & Co. is passionate about providing training in foundational graphic facilitation skills!
These tools are applicable in any venue where people are coming together to brainstorm, strategize, learn or collaborate - basically almost any organization you can think of!
We have used the skills that we will be teaching in the workshops from the Pentagon to Microsoft, from Dubai to Guatemala, from high school students to post-retirement professionals and everyone in between. There is barely a sector, a region of the world, or an audience that our associates haven’t worked with.
Learn more about us at www.crowleyandco.us.