San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
ONLINE REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING THIS EVENT OR RECIEVING A FLU SHOT, THERE ARE STILL SPOTS AVAILABLE. PLEASE SIGN UP ONSITE AT LOUSSAC LIBRARY FIRST FLOOR LOBBY.
Test Preparedness Skills During Zombie Scavenger Hunt
Join us for a groaning good time at the Loussac Library on Saturday, October 19, 2013 for the Zombie Scavenger Hunt. This is your chance to learn about disaster preparedness & public health emergencies while testing your zombie evasion skills. Avoid contracting the Zombie Brain Virus while you:
- Find out what your family needs in your disaster supplies kit
- Create a Zombie Apocalypse Family Emergency Plan
- Gain an understanding of how germ are spread during a pandemic
- See a simulation of how the Anchorage Fire Department and Public Health Emergency Preparedness respond to public health emergencies
- Experience the Health Department POD (Point of Distribution) used to administer medications to large populations during emergencies.
- Get a free flu shot!
- Enter a brain-eating contest
- Learn about local resources
- And more!!
Zombie Scavenger Hunt: 6:45pm - 10pm
Only those 12 years of age and older can attend this hunt. No one under the age of 12 will be allowed to attend. Parents & older siblings may NOT leave younger children unattended while they participate in this Scavenger Hunt. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- When registering, remember no child under 12 years of age will be admitted to the Zombie Scavenger Hunt. People not following this rule will not be allowed to go through the zombie maze.
- Individuals can only go through the maze once. Do not sign up for more than one survivor time slot. You will not be allowed to check in and participate more than one time.
- Arrive a half hour before your scheduled time slot. When your group is complete, you will be briefed with the rules of the game.
- After the briefing, survivors will be let into the maze in small groups
- Remember – this is not an actual battle with zombies. Do not bring weapons. Do not try to fight the zombies.
- Respect the place. Do not take library materials or mess up books on the shelves.
- If you want to get a free flu shot from the Anchorage Public Health Department, make sure you check that box. The number of inoculations are limited to those who request them on this registration.
Free flu shots are also available at this event. Influenza (flu) is a contagious disease that spreads around the United States every winter, usually between October and May. Flu can be spread by coughing, sneezing and close contact with someone who is already sick. Each year thousands of people in the United States die from flu, and many more are hospitalized. Flu vaccine is the best protection we have from flu and its complications. Flu vaccine also helps prevent the spread of flu from person to person.
We are using an inactivated flu vaccine at the event. The vaccine does not contain live influenza virus.
This event is brought to you by:
Anchorage Department of Health & Human Services http://www.muni.org/departments/health
Anchorage Public Library http://www.anchoragelibrary.org
With generous support from BDS Architects for scene design, layout, and set up. www.bdsak.com