"You’re Back – What’s Next?" Webinar: Get LinkedIn to Your Career Network
Wednesday, December 11, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM (EST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
LinkedIn, the social network for “professionals”, now has more than 200 million users. But how can returning veterans use the site to network, find new opportunities, and advance in their career? Join Excelsior College’s Center for Military Education to learn how to:
- Develop a LinkedIn profile page that is professional, eye-catching and optimized to be found by employers looking for veterans with your skills and experience.
- Learn how veterans can gain one-year of free access to a “Job Seeker Premium Account” that includes a host of employer search, email and alert services.
- Join professional groups that can connect you to industry, help you build relationships, demonstrate your expertise and stay current.
- Create a “brand” that will highlight your professional achievements and tell your story.
- Search and find jobs that interest you!
The presentation will be led by Excelsior College’s Maribeth Gunner, Director of Career Services, Peter Del Monico, Career Services Coordinator and Judy Reed, director of veteran services and outreach.
Excelsior College http://www.excelsior.edu is a regionally accredited, nonprofit distance learning institution that focuses on removing obstacles to the educational goals of adult learners. Founded in 1971 and located in Albany, NY, Excelsior is a proven leader in the assessment and validation of student knowledge. It offers more efficient and affordable access to degree completion through multiple avenues: its own online courses and college-level proficiency examinations, and the acceptance in transfer of credit from other colleges and universities as well as recognized corporate and military training programs. Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.