Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
Join us to learn about ....
Your Rights & the Nuts & Bolts
Special Education Law
Presented by Attorney Christian M. Knox
What can you do to help your child get the education, mental health and educational support services he or she needs? Many parents find out too late that they could have had those services paid for by their school district. Our speaker will explain:
- How to tell if your child is receiving Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE).
- How and when to establish your child’ s eligibility for special education and/or residential program services.
- How to petition your school district for services or residential placement for your child.
- When, why and how to hire a special education lawyer.
- What to expect if you hire a lawyer. ... costs, stages and the ups/downs of the legal process.
- What post-secondary education, transition services and training are available and how to get them funded.
CHRISTIAN M. KNOX brings over 20 years of experience in working with special needs children and practicing law. She is a partner at Ruderman & Knox, LLP, a law firm specializing in special education law. Ms. Knox received her Juris Doctor from Western State University College of Law, where she served as a tutor for disabled students. Ms. Knox completed extensive undergraduate work in music therapy at Long Beach State University and holds a Bachelor’s degree in law.