Your Health: Fact, Not Fiction A Patient Empowerment Expo
Saturday, April 12, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM (EDT)
7:30-8:30am CONFERENCE REGISTRATION
8:30-8:45am CONFERENCE WELCOME -- John Santa, MD, MPH, Medical Director, Consumer Reports Health and Philip Master, MD, FACP Senior Educator American College of Physicians
8:45-9:25am OPENING PRESENTATION – John Whyte, MD, FACP
- What is High-Value Care and What Should I be Aware of to Make Informed High-Value Care Decisions?
9:25-9:50 Doug Paauw, MD, MACP
- What Screening Tests Are Best and What Screening Tests Are Not Recommended
9:50-10:15 Lisa Gill, Deputy Content Editor, Consumer Reports Best Buy Drugs
- 5 Medication Mistakes You Don’t Want to Make
10:30-10:55 John Whyte, MD, FACP
- How to Live (And Want) to Be 100!
10:55-11:20 Peter Anzalone, Senior Test Project Leader, Maxine Siegel, Nutritionist and Manager, Product Usability & Food Testing Team Leader
- Tips and Advice from Consumer Reports On Getting The Best Value For Your Health Care Dollar
11:20-11:45 Philip Masters, MD, FACP
- Searching Online for High Quality Health Care Information
11:45-Noon CLOSING REMARKS -- John Santa, MD
7:30 – Noon
- ACP and CR tables with handout information that relates directly to the presentations; BMI screening and hip to waist ratio; CR booth for patients to tell their stories
* Program of events is subject to change.
When & Where
Consumer Reports Health & American College of Physicians
Consumer Reports Health educates and empowers consumers to make more informed health-care decisions and helps change the health-care market, by providing consumer-friendly comparisons of health products and services and communicating with diverse consumers about their options.
The American College of Physicians is a national organization of internal medicine physicians who treat adults across the spectrum from health to complex illness. The High Value Care initiative provides recommendations to physicians and patients on how to pursue care together in order to improve health, avoid harm, and eliminate wasteful practices.