Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
In observance of the Year of Faith, Catholics from throughout the East Coast will gather in pilgrimage, sponsored by the Knights of Columbus, on Sunday, Sept. 8, 2013, at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C. Popularly known as 'America’s Catholic Church,' the Basilica is the patronal church of the United States and its preeminent Marian shrine.
The date is also the 50th anniversary of the dedication of the Basilica’s 56-bell carillon, which was a gift of the Knights of Columbus.
Pilgrimage highlights include:
• Solemn Mass at 12 noon with Supreme Chaplain Archbishop William Lori of Baltimore
• Remarks by Supreme Knight Carl Anderson
• Marian Meditation by Archbishop Gerald Lacroix of Québec, Primate of Canada
• Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament with recitation of the Rosary
• Rededication of the Order to the Blessed Virgin Mary
• Carillon and Choir Prelude; Carillon Postlude
• Confessions available 10:00 a.m. – noon
• Pilgrims will be eligible to obtain a Year of Faith Plenary Indulgence