Xconomy Forum: Tomorrow’s Biotech--Innovators and Innovations
Monday, December 14, 2009 from 2:00 PM to 6:30 PM (PST)
La Jolla, CA
San Diego is home to a dazzling array of today's most successful biotech inventors, companies, and technologies. But who are the innovators who will help perpetuate—and enhance—our region's leadership in life sciences in the years to come? Which area innovations will help transform the way we treat and prevent disease? And how is the region working with innovators from outside the area to stay at the bleeding edge of innovation and commercial success? Through stellar keynotes, case studies, panel discussion, and networking, Xconomy will bring to the forefront San Diego’s newest generation of biotech executives, entrepreneurs, and startups, as well as visionary leaders from outside the region, to look at the future of biotech innovation in our area—and beyond.
- Ramesh Rao, Director of UC San Diego Divison of Calit2
- Joe Panetta, President and CEO, BIOCOM
- David Baltimore, Nobel Prize Winner; Professor of Biology and past President, California Institute of Technology; Chairman of the Board, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- John Maraganore, CEO, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals
Featured speakers include:
- Sheng Ding, Associate Professor of Chemistry, The Scripps Research Institute; co-scientific founder, Fate Therapeutics
- Paul Grayson, President and CEO, Fate Therapeutics
- Trey Ideker, Chief of Genetics, UCSD School of Medicine
- David Kabakoff, Executive-in-residence, Sofinnova Ventures; co-founder Salmedix
- Peter Kuhn, Associate Professor of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute
- Drew Senyei, Managing Director, Enterprise Partners Venture Capital
- Troy Wilson, Co-founder, President, and CEO, Intellikine
- Kleanthis Xanthopoulos, President and CEO, Regulus Therapeutics
Location and Time
Registration Opens: 1:15 pm
Program: 2:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Reception: 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
Alexandria Real Estate Equities · Biogen Idec · Latham & Watkins
Science and Technology Directorate, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
BIOCOM · CleanTECH San Diego · CommNexus San Diego · CONNECT
San Diego Software Industry Council · San Diego Venture Group
VENTURE CAPITAL MEMBER
Enterprise Partners Venture Group
This event is not sponsored by UCSD.
When & Where
Xconomy is an innovative news and events organization with outposts in Boston, Boulder/Denver, Detroit, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, and Texas. It is dedicated to providing business and technology leaders with timely, insightful, close-to-the-scene information about the local personalities, companies, and technological trends that best exemplify today’s high-tech economy. Xconomy is staffed by world-class journalists and media professionals, and supported by “the Xconomists,” who include some of the world’s leading innovators. Get to know them and the Xconomy team at www.xconomy.com/about.
Sign up for RSS feeds, daily email newsletters, and email alerts from Xconomy at http://www.xconomy.com/rss-feeds/.