Xconomy Forum: The Promise and Reality of Cloud Computing **SOLD OUT**
Tuesday, June 24, 2008 from 1:00 PM to 5:30 PM (EDT)
What is cloud computing? Is there one cloud, or many? Where are they, who owns them—and what are the differences between cloud computing, utility computing, grid computing, and software as a service? What can the cloud do for you now, and what lies over the horizon?
Find out from an elite group of cloud-computing experts at Xconomy's June 24 forum. Participants in this all-afternoon event will leave with a comprehensive picture of the most ambitious current applications of cloud computing and the field's future promise. We'll also provide authoritative advice, both constructive and cautionary, that you can use if you're thinking about entering the cloud computing space yourself—whether as an investor, a customer, or an entrepreneur.
- Nicholas Carr, Author, The Big Switch: Rewiring the World, From Edison to Google
- Irving Wladawsky-Berger, Chairman Emeritus, IBM Academy of Technology
- Josh Coates, Founder, Mozy (EMC Cloud Infrastructure and Services Division)
- Rich Zippel, Vice President of Technology, Chief Technologist's Office, Sun Microsystems
- Sim Simeonov, General Partner, Polaris Venture Partners
- John Landry, founder, Lead Dog Ventures; former SVP and CTO, Lotus Development
- Scott Jamison, Director, Enterprise Architecture, Software+Services EPG Lead, Microsoft Northeast
- Matthew Gray, co-founder NetGenesis, Software Architect, Google
- Andy Champagne, Chief Technologist, Engineering, Akamai
- The first 50 people to register will receive a free copy of Nicholas Carr's book, The Big Switch
- After-event tours of Akamai's Network Operations Command Center
- No refunds will be granted after Tuesday, June 17.
Alexandria Real Estate Equities · Biogen Idec · EMC · J. Robert Scott Executive Search
Science and Technology Directorate, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Sun Microsystems · UK Trade & Investment · WilmerHale
VENTURE CAPITAL MEMBERS
Advanced Technology Ventures · Atlas Venture · Avalon Ventures
Flagship Ventures · Flybridge Capital Partners · North Bridge Venture Partners · Polaris Venture Partners
When & Where
Xconomy is an innovative news and events organization with outposts in Boston, Boulder/Denver, Detroit, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, and Texas. It is dedicated to providing business and technology leaders with timely, insightful, close-to-the-scene information about the local personalities, companies, and technological trends that best exemplify today’s high-tech economy. Xconomy is staffed by world-class journalists and media professionals, and supported by “the Xconomists,” who include some of the world’s leading innovators. Get to know them and the Xconomy team at www.xconomy.com/about.
Sign up for RSS feeds, daily email newsletters, and email alerts from Xconomy at http://www.xconomy.com/rss-feeds/.