Xbox FIFA 12 Charity Tournament w. Sounders Players
Tuesday, April 3, 2012 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM (PDT)
Think you’re a FIFA 12 pro? Here’s your chance to show it!
Pick a teammate and show off your skills against pro soccer players.
Win the tournament and score some awesome Sounders memorabilia.
The event, benefiting The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, will feature Seattle Sounders Alvaro "Flaco" Fernandez, Fredy Montero, Leo Gonzalez and Ossie Alonso.
Join your favorite Seattle Sounders players for a Charity XBOX Tournament on Tuesday, April 3rd at the Microsoft Store in Downtown Bellevue at 6:30 pm PT.
We will be at the Microsoft Store in Bellevue Square.
Snacks & beverages provided. :)
All ages welcomed!
Wear your favorite Sounders gear!
6:30pm – Registration and meet & greet.
7:00pm – Kick off!
Registration is now open at http://xboxfifa.eventbrite.com
There is a $125 per person, tournament entry donation. 100% of the donations are tax deductible and go towards the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Limited entries available. However, if available, remaining entries will be $150 at the door.
There is a $10 per person requested donation. 100% of the donations are tax deductible and go towards the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
This event will be hosted by Maria A. Pedersen and Carol D. Toro, members of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team In Training. In the Washington/Alaska Chapter, Team In Training prepares over 800 athletes each year to participate in a marathon, half marathon, triathlon or hundred-mile bike ride. The fundraising efforts of these dedicated athletes raise $3.5 million annually to find cures for blood cancers and provide assistance to patients and their families.
- One new person is diagnosed with a blood cancer every 5 minutes.
- Two $5 donations provides 2 hours of microscope use to determine if a new medicine will stop a life-threatening lung infection in a bone marrow transplant patient.
- Three $5 donations will cover the cost of sending 3 newly diagnosed patients information about their disease and how to get support
- Four $5 donations pays for a bottle of nutrients that will nourish 10 million leukemia cells grown in the lab for a week, enabling scientists to test whether a new anti-cancer drug halts their growth.
- 5 is the number of years some cancer patients have to stay in remission to be considered cured.
Sponsorship opportunities are still available, please contact Carol@caroltoro.me to see how you can help.