WRP Annual Meeting
Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 7:30 AM - Friday, September 13, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Join us for our Annual Meeting
The Western Regional Panel will hold their annual meeting in Portland, OR September 11-13, 2013. The meeting will be two days of presentations, discussions and the business meeting held on September 11 and 12. On September 13, participants can enjoy the half-day field trip. An opportunity to participate remotely via WebEx will be offered.
Your free registration for the event provide you with access to all meeting agenda events and morning/afternoon breaks.
Download Plan your Trip to Portland
The field trip will be on Friday September 13 from 8 am to noon. The group will travel by bus to the Tualatin National Wildlife Refuge. Please wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes for the outdoor tour at the refuge.
The focus of the field trip will be on three issues:
- AIS impacts, including nutria, at an urban wildlife refuge discussed on a guided tour with refuge staff biologist, Trevor Sheffels, PhD.
- Building AIS issues into their refuge teacher training and K-12 school programs. This will include a demonstration of the new AIS teacher trunk
-"Don't Let it Loose" – A discussion and overview of the campaign to prevent the introduction of invasives from classroom release. The USFWS Vancouver Fisheries Office and Sea Grant will share materials.
Space is limited on this trip, so register today!
Book your hotel room
The University Place Hotel and Conference Center is offering WRP members a rate of $89 plus tax. Each guest room includes breakfast coupon(s) for each adult listed per guest room reservation for the hot breakfast buffet in the hotel. Call 1-866-845-4647 to reserve your room. Please mention Western Regional Panel when booking your room to receive the special meeting rate.
Transportation from the airport
If you are traveling from outside the Portland area and arriving at the Portland International Airport, there are several ways you can travel to The University Place Hotel and Conference Center.
- Public transportation- The Trimet is inexpensive and excellent public transportation that can take you a few short blocks from the hotel. One way rates for Trimet are $2.50. For information on planning transportation to and from the airport visit: http://www.trimet.org
- Shuttle – Blue Star Shuttle can take you from the airport directly to the hotel. One way rates from the airport are $14. For more information: http://www.bluestarbus.com
- Taxi – Union Cab offers service from the airport to the hotel for approximately $40. For more information: http://www.unioncabpdx.com
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the WRP Coordinator Leah Elwell at email@example.com or 406.222.7270
When & Where
Western Regional Panel on ANS
The Western Regional Panel on Aquatic Nuisance Species was formed in 1997 to help limit the introduction, spread and impacts of aquatic nuisance species into the Western Region of North America.