Writing Automated Tests for iOS Native apps
Saturday, March 22, 2014 from 10:30 AM to 4:30 PM (PDT)
Redwood City, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This one-day course will focus on successfully implementing test automation for iOS apps and will be presented using a Appium framework. Igor and Alex will combine lecture with hands-on practice, to present common challenges faced by many organizations as well as strategies for dealing with these challenges that cover both methodologies and technical approaches. At the end of this course, you will come out with real world test automation experience of testing native iOS applications.
Note: you must have Mac for this class since we are going to work with iOS client
- Introduction to BDD framework -- Cucumber
- Basic overview of Ruby programming language
- Introduction to Appium server for iOS native apps automation
- Learn challenges of running tests on iOS real device vs simulator
- Choosing a Geographical location from your tests
- Using UiAutomation APIs for gestures and missing Appium features
- Learn how to overcome localization problems
- Analyze native apps test challenges
Hurry. Seats are limited.
When & Where
Igor Dorovskikh, Bay QA Training
Igor is a test automation manager working on Expedia’s Mobile team. He is the key driver behind Expedia’s mobile automation framework and tests built using open source tools. Before Expedia, Igor worked as an automation lead at Barnes and Noble where he built automated solutions for their flagship Nook application and web products. Igor is passionate about test automation, mobile innovations, continuous delivery and loves working in a fast paced Agile environment. This year Igor was a presenter at GTAC (Google Test Automation Conference) on topic “Mobile Automation in Continues Delivery Pipeline”.