ABC's World of Wedding Planning is targeted for wedding planners who are just getting started. This is also a great refresher for people in the business for 5 years or less or for those who want points and hours to renew membership. Contact the Courtyard Marriott for room reservations.
And You Can Also Attend:
Friday: Bring Your Binder (see below).
What will Saturday, May 17, WoW Planning cover? In this information-packed, interactive one-day seminar facilitated by ABC Master Bridal Consultants you'll:
• Brainstorm knowledge and skills needed for industry success
• Define goals & SMART objectives
• Conduct business research and market research
• Understand wedding/event terminology
• Identify your style
• Understand common wedding styles, religious and cultural differences,
• Introduce business startup concepts
• Experience business dining etiquette and types of food service
• Explore how to get your first bride/wedding
• Explore advertising and marketing for $0
• Reinforce networking and role of professional meetings
• Participate in an initial client meeting role play
• Describe office space; home office pro's and con's
• Describe a needs assessment/needs analysis – intake form
• Explore "real life" wedding planning concepts: Budgets, timelines, contracts, forms
• Understand vendor teams
• Highlight ABC's “roadmap” Novice to Master
Lunch will be provided. Facilitated by Master Bridal Consultants Gloria Boyden and Jane Skarosi. 2 Points and 6 continuing education credits.
No Refunds Will Be Given.
Bring YOUR Binder - Friday, May 16, 2014
Are you just getting started on pulling together your Points Binder? Do you need help in organizing to the next level - Professional, Accredited or Master? Friday, May 16 from 3:30 to 6:30 CDT Gloria will give personal assistance. Bring your materials and 5 file folders. This earns .5 points and 2 hour continuing education
No Refunds Will be Given.