Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Charity Game
Saturday, March 9, 2013 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM (PST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Charity game between the Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team vs. Orange County Veterans & First Responders Softball Team, plus a three-inning celebrity exhibition game, barbecue (included in ticket price), pre-game silent auction, raffle prize drawings, and more.
This event will raise money and awareness for the medical, financial, and personal needs of military veterans. Its purpose is also to promote research and development for high-quality prostheses.
Saturday, March 9, 2013 | Gates open at 11:30 a.m. Game starts at 1 p.m.
Youth Athletic Park-Field 4, Mission Viejo, California.
Park entrance is at the intersection of Marguerite Parkway and Olympiad.
$25 entry fee includes admission, barbecue meal and raffle ticket
$10 Youth 17 and under
FREE admission for kids 5 and under
$5 discount for members of the military and veterans - ID required, gate purchase only.
Limited bleacher seating - Please bring your own lawn chairs
GAME 1: The Wounded Warrior team is composed of players from all over the U.S. who have returned home from military service with wounds requiring amputation. The Orange County Veterans and First Responders team is made up of South Orange County vets, firefighters, law enforcement and first responders.
GAME 2: The second three-inning celebrity exhibition game will feature two teams, each including Wounded Warrior players and professional athletes. Celebrity athletes to date include:
- Former Angels pitcher Justin Speier
- Three-time USA softball Olympic gold medalist Leah O’Brien-Amico
- Retired Dodger Roy Gleason
- Former USC football player Chris Galippo
- Retired NFL punter Mike Horan
- Retired MLB player Mike Boyd
- Mrs. California International 2013 Shana Smith
- International basketball star Emeka Okenwa
Silent auction items up for bid will include:
• Prime seating at Clippers, Angels, Dodgers, Lakers and Kings Games
• Signed bats
• Restaurant gift certificates
• Signed guitars
• Custom MagnaFlow performance exhaust system
* We want to acknowledge that the above photography has been gathered from the Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team website and facebook page.
When & Where
Red,White and Blue Warriors Event Management Group
This event is hosted by the Red, White and Blue Warriors™, a volunteer event management group. We cordially invite you to experience a fun, inspiring day of softball games, delicious food, and the chance to win excellent raffle items, while honoring our Wounded Warriors.