World Groove at Eastern Market
Sunday, June 30, 2013 from 12:00 PM to 11:00 PM (EDT)
Join us as we kick off the World Groove at Eastern Market Music Festival. Celebrating the Caribbean – sounds & eats. Bring a chair to relax your tired feet cause you’re going to be up dancing all day! Bring your appetite too! Comedians Darryl Earl and Melvin Bender will be yabbing between sets. The day kicks off at noon with a Caribbean Carnival Parade. Meet us at Russell & I-375; we’re going to party up Russell Street.
- Caribbean parade (free)
- Gratitude Steel Band
- Ras Kente & The Take No Prisoners Posse
- Bombarica Puerto Rican Dance Troupe
- Dubtonic Kru
- Indika Reggae Band
- Universal Expression
Tickets are also available at the gate (corner of Russell Street and Alfred Street...south doors of Shed 5)!!!
When & Where
Eastern Market Corporation, a non-profit organization
Eastern Market Corporation (EMC) is the non-profit responsible for Detroit's venerable public market.
Vision: Creating the most inclusive, resilient, and robust regional food hub in the United States.
Mission: We leverage Eastern Market's dynamic history, manage operations, develop programs, build facilities, and provide critical infrastructure to:
- Strengthen the Eastern Market District
- Improve access to healthy, green, affordable, and fair food choices in Detroit and throughout Southeast Michigan
- Fortify the food sector as a pillar of regional economic growth