WORLD CHAMPION OUTHOUSE RACES RACE ENTRY
Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 9:00 AM - Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 5:00 PM (PDT)
Virginia City, NV
REGISTRATION CLOSES OCTOBER 2ND AT 11:55pm.
No new outhouses after that date.
1. Minimum Weight: 200 pounds (without driver)
2. Minimum Height: 6 feet from the ground to the highest point on the main body (does not include chimneys, flags, signs etc.)
3. Minimum Size: 9 square feet of floor
4. Outhouse must be completely enclosed with an operating door (curtain closure ok)
5. Outhouse must contain a toilet seat, roll of toilet paper and be a functional outhouse
6. Outhouses may have any number or type of wheels propelling the outhouse
7. Steering and breaks are optional
8. Outhouses may be built of any material
9. Outhouses may not have a motor - must be pushed - or pulled by hand, by two crew members
10. Outhouses may have a logo, company or peronsal names painted on sides, top, or on inside, but NOT required. Each outhouse should have a catchy name
A crew shall consist of three members, two pushers, driver / rider, and or two alternates and all of whom should be of basic humanoid ancestry. (No dogs or other animals that can't make a reasonable choice may ride in, or pull / push, the outhouse.) All must be over 18.
Races begin on Saturday after the parade. Two outhouses race at a time in a 3 race guarantee double elimination format. Races begin every fifteen minutes beginning at 1pm until all outhouses have raced. Finals begin Sunday at noon and race until all semi-winners have raced, followed by awards ceremony.
1. All outhouses and crew must be checked in by 9am on Saturday.
2. Outhouse racing teams will consist of 1 driver / rider and 2 pushers.
3. Outhouses must be pushed or pulled by human power only.
4. Outhouses must be kept in designated area while not racing.
5. At starting line no portion of outhouse may extend over the line. It will be judge's determination as to a restart.
6. Outhouse teams must maintain control of their outhouse at all times during the race.
7. Outhouses must remain in their designated lane during the entire race. IF an outhouse crosses into a competitor's lane and, in the opinion of the judges, interferes with that outhouse's ability to race, the offending outhouse will be disqualified for that heat.
8. The first outhouse to reach the finish line (with any part of the outhouse. That part must be intact with the main outhouse) will be determined by the judges.
9. In case of a tie, or photo finish, the race will re-run (determined by judges)