Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
This popular workshop is ideal for the beginner to intermediate woodworker. In just two short sessions you’ll gain the skills to build a hand crafted set of shaker boxes. Each box is built of cherry, copper tacks, and cedar, and serves as an elegant storage container. If you’ve ever wanted to learn to make a nesting set of three oval shaker boxes this is the class for you.
No woodworking experience is necessary and all materials are included. Three classes will be offered on the following dates: August 7-8 from 1-4pm, October 17-18 from 5-8pm, November 28-29 from 5-8pm
Please register one week prior to start date. Class size is limited to 6 students.
Maine Maritime Museum
Maine Maritime Museum offers a myriad of opportunities to explore Maine’s maritime heritage and culture and to experience the mystique of Maine.
Visitors can find:
- -fascinating exhibits brimming with art and artifacts
- -contemporary, interactive areas for children and adults
- -an historic shipyard with five of the original 19th century buildings
- -a Victorian-era shipyard owners home
- -an active waterfront
- -a life-size sculptural representation of the largest wooden sailing vessel ever built
- -a scenic campus on the bank of the Kennebec River