Workshop: LEED Green Associate Exam Prep
Friday, October 19, 2012 from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (PDT)
San Jose, CA
Save on all Chapter workshops and events with one low annual fee: become a USGBC - Northern California Chapter Member today!
Read all workshop details, then register below.
Why take this workshop?
- Prepare for the LEED Green Associate Exam
Eligibility to take the exam: receive a certificate of completion to satisfy the requirement for the LEED Green Associate exam
- Prepare for the LEED AP Specialty Exam
For a LEED AP Specialty credential, you must pass a LEED Green Associate exam as well as a LEED AP Specialty exam.
After this workshop, take one of our LEED AP Specialty Exam Prep Workshops.
Professional Competitive Advantage
- Distinguish yourself with a LEED Credential
- Demonstrate green building expertise in non-technical fields of practice by gaining a basic knowledge of green design, construction, and operations
- Join the momentum of the rapidly growing green building movement
USGBC-NCC Guarantees Success
- USGBC-NCC Guarantee: Pass your test or your next class is FREE!*
- Unrivaled success rates since program was launched. Over 90% of surveyed attendees passed the exam on the first try!
- LEED was developed by the USGBC, and the USGBC - Northern California Chapter is the on-the-ground force for green building and LEED in Northern California. We are the local voice of the USGBC and the most direct source for test preparation.
- Skilled and experienced USGBC-NCC instructors are well versed in LEED and the credentialing exams and receive high approval ratings from attendees.
*Valid only for LEED Green Associate Exam Prep Workshops. Proof of score/id is required and the complimentary follow up workshop is subject to the public workshop schedule.
- Break down the complex LEED system into plain language
- Develop strategies for studying and test-taking
- Explore real world projects to help you better understand and remember the material and put the concepts into practice
- Eligibility to take the exam: receive a certificate of completion to satisfy the requirement for the LEED Green Associate exam
- Earn 7 AIA general Continuing Education Units - Please contact info [at] greenstepeducation [dot] com for more information.
What will I learn?
USGBC-NCC’s full-day LEED Green Associate Exam Preparation Workshop is designed to review everything you need to know to successfully pass the exam including:
- LEED implementation process
- Project site factors
- Water management
- Energy impacts
- Synergistic opportunities
- Stakeholder involvement in innovation
- Project surroundings
- Public outreach
- Test taking tips and strategies
This workshop bridges the gaps between other exam preparation resources such as the Green Building & LEED Core Concepts Guide and LEED Green Associate Study Guide and provides interpretation and enhanced understanding of key information contained in these resources as well as exam tips and preparation recommendations.
Included in this Workshop
- In-class practice exam & take-home exam that accurately reflect the types of questions on the test
- USGBC-NCC workbook that summarizes the material and outlines the course
The workbook included with the workshop summarizes all of the information you need to know for the exam, but we recommend the following additional free resources, to supplement your knowledge:
- LEED Green Associate Exam Candidate Handbook (pdf)
- Guide to Purchasing Green Power (EPA) (pdf)
- The Treatment by LEED of the Environmental Impact of HVAC Refrigerants (pdf)
- Guidance on Innovation in Design Credits and Credit Interpretation Requests (pdf)
For a complete guide to the LEED rating system, purchase a LEED Reference Guide from the USGBC Store (such as The Building Design & Construction Reference Guide, 2009 Edition or The Green Interior Design & Construction Reference Guide, 2009 Edition).
About the Instructor: Alex Spilger
At the door registration will begin one half hour prior to the workshop, only full Non-Member rates will be available the day of the workshop. For more information regarding payments, credit card charges, or disputes, please contact us.
Parking and Transit Information
The Port Commission Hearing Room is located on the second floor of the Ferry Building. The main public entrance is from the west (Embarcadero) side and is served by a bank of elevators adjacent to the historic staircase.
The closest accessible BART and MUNI Metro station is Embarcadero located at Market & Spear Streets. Accessible MUNI lines serving the Ferry Building area are the F-Line, 9, 31, 32 and 71. For more information about MUNI accessible services, call (415) 923-6142.
The nearest accessible parking for the Ferry building and Pier One is provided in the following off-street pay lots:
- 3 spaces in the surface lot on the west side of the Embarcadero at Washington St.
- 3 spaces in the Pier 1/2 lot, located on the east side of the Embarcadero between the Ferry Building and Pier 1. During business hours this lot is operated by valets
- Hourly and valet parking in the Pier 3 lot. This lot is accessed through the Pier 3 bulkhead building entrance on the east side of the Embarcadero. This lot is located on the pier deck; adjacent to the ferry boat Santa Rosa.
Additional covered accessible off-street pay parking is available in the Golden Gateway Garage, which is bounded by Washington, Clay, Drumm and Battery Streets. Entrance is on Clay St. between Battery and Front Streets.
Questions about this workshop? Please email us.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Please email us at least one week prior to the event or workshop to cancel attendance or replace an attendee. Please note the following policies:
- All sales are final and we do not offer any refunds.
- Should USGBC-NCC have to cancel the workshop, you will receive a 100% refund.
- Registration cannot be transferred to another workshop or event.