This course is a 3-day WMOCN accredited course delving into: what challenges us as leaders in the outdoors; theory on challenging behavior, up-to-date neural research; triggers and causes for challenging behavior, ways of dealing with 'real life' scenarios; de-escalation and formulating / reviewing your own policies e.g. the validity of sanctions and rewards.
This course will help delegates to:
- Further understand factors that lead to challenging behavior
- Meet learners’ needs in the outdoors
- Adopt effective intervention strategies
- Explore some ‘real’ life scenarios and case studies
- review and write policies and procedures relating to behaviour and safeguarding
- Become more confident with supporting groups of young people in the outdoors
- Ensure they have the skills and understanding needed to complete a portfolio of evidence after the training
Established in 1999, WildWise deliver an exciting, diverse programme of courses, camps and events for adults, children and families to inspire and inform about the natural world.
WildWise are specialists, creating exceptional opportunities in bushcraft, nature awareness and outdoor experiences for the general public, educational organisations, corporate and private client groups.
WildWise's nationally acclaimed courses and events for children and adults have been seen on BBC's Blue Peter, Heaven & Earth, Truth About Food, Wild n' Deadly and ITV's Country Lives.
As if we didn’t know it already, recent research has confirmed that a separation from the natural world leads to a diminished existence. Case-studies prove that restoring this connection leads to immediate and beneficial results, on all levels, including mind, body and spirit.
Bottom line is – people flourish in connection to nature. You only have to glance at WildWise’s testimonials to understand the value of this connection.
We see it all the time. We want you to.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.