Do you want to get started working on your own website or blog and you’re not sure where to start? WordPress is the answer! WordPress is a highly customizable and accessible tool for building and maintaining your own website or blog, but it can be challenging to figure out where to get started and get things moving in the right direction.
Join us for a full-day, intensive WordPress 101 workshop led by WordPress experts, Natalie MacLees. She will guide you step-by-step through setting up your own WordPress website or blog and will step you through themes, widgets, plugins, adding images, setting up galleries, adding video and audio, and more.
Space is limited, so secure your spot today. Note: You’ll need to bring your own laptop.
Past workshop attendees had great things to say about Natalie:
“Noel Saw and Natalie MacLees did a wonderful job putting this program together. They also presented some of their own impressive WordPress work, and are obviously enthusiastic and conscientious in all their endeavors. This program was well-worth its price and the time.”
– Doreen Chen
“Natalie creates a relaxed and fun environment where everyone can feel comfortable. She is extremely knowledgeable and able to break concepts down into a way that is digestible for everyong.”
– Vanesa Rey
“This workshop was exactly what I needed to get started with WordPress. Natalie is very knowledgable and patient and is the perfect person to lead such a group.”
What you’ll learn
In this workshop, we’ll teach you:
- What WordPress is and why it’s a great choice for anyone who wants to build their own website
- The difference between a blog and a website and how you can use WordPress to build either or both
- How to install WordPress and get a new site up and running quickly
- How to customize your WordPress dashboard to maximize your efficiency and show you just what you want to know
- How to configure the WordPress settings the best possible way
- How to create, edit, and delete posts, pages, categories, and tags
- How to manage images, video, and audio
- How to insert media into your posts and pages
- How to view and moderate incoming comments
- How to find, install, activate, and configure themes and plugins
- How to create and manage user accounts
- How to upgrade to new versions of WordPress
- How to create backups of your WordPress site
- How to reduce spam and prevent hackers from accessing your site
In addition to top-notch training in WordPress, you’ll also get your very own practice site that you’ll be able to use for the exercises throughout the class. That site will be live for 3 months after the workshop completion date. We’ll also give you 3 months of access to a community site where you’ll have access to your instructors and other WordPress experts for getting your questions answered and helping you through any hurdles that come up as you build your own WordPress site.
We’ll also provide breakfast and lunch, and we’ll have plenty of snacks and beverages on hand throughout the day as well.
About your primary presenter, Natalie MacLees
Natalie MacLees is a front-end web developer and UI designer and is founder + principal of the interactive agency, Purple Pen Productions. In 2012 she publishedjQuery for Designers with Packt Publishing. She founded and runs the jQuery LA Users’ Group and together with Noel Saw she heads up the Southern California WordPress User’s Group, organizing WordPress meetups, help sessions, and workshops. In 2010, she worked as technical reviewer on WordPress 3 Complete by April Hodge Silver. She makes her online home at nataliemac.com.
Natalie has been building websites since 1996 and working with WordPress since 2005. She has become a well-respected member of the WordPress community and has spoken at WordCamp Los Angeles, WordCamp Las Vegas and WordCamp Phoenix, where she also taught ‘WordPress for Kids’.