Word 2007 Level 2 Training
Tuesday, December 3, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST)
|Lesson 1: Managing Lists|
|Sort a List
Renumber a List
|Lesson 2: Customizing Tables and Charts|
|Sort Table Data
Control Cell Layout
Perform Calculations in a Table
|Lesson 3: Customizing Formatting with Styles and Themes|
|Create or Modify a Text Style
Create a Custom List or Table Style
Apply Default and Customized Document Themes
|Lesson 4: Modifying Pictures|
|Resize a Picture
Adjust Picture Appearance Settings
Wrap Text Around a Picture
|Lesson 5: Creating Customized Graphic Elements|
|Create Text Boxes and Pull Quotes
Add WordArt and Other Special Effects to Text
Create Complex Illustrations with SmartArt
|Lesson 6: Inserting Content Using Quick Parts|
|Insert Building Blocks
Create Building Blocks
Modify Building Blocks
Insert Fields Using Quick Parts
|Lesson 7: Controlling Text Flow|
|Control Paragraph Flow
Insert Section Breaks
Link Text Boxes to Control Text Flow
|Lesson 8: Using Templates to Automate Document Creation|
|Create a Document Based on a Template
Create a Template
|Lesson 9: Automating Mail Merges|
|Perform a Mail Merge
Mail Merge Envelopes and Labels
Use Word to Create a Data Source
|Lesson 10: Using Macros to Automate Tasks|
|Perform a Task Automatically Using a Macro
Create a Macro
When & Where
Training is for Methode Employees Only
Similar to training offered in the Spring of 2013, we will be offering additional training sessions in Microsoft Office Products. In addition to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, we will this time include Outlook and Project. Excel will be expanded to levels 4 and 5; level 5 Excel will be dedicated to macros and VBA.
Things to note
- We have divided the training into three sections (December, January and February). Not all class levels are available in each section; the sections progressively offer more advanced courses.
- All classes are one day (8 hours), except Access which is a full 2 days (16 hours).
- New Horizons trainers will be instructing all classes. Tom has moved out of the Chicago area and is no longer available as a trainer. We have interviewed other trainers and have select Eugene as the trainer for these training sessions.
- Some classes will be offered at Methode’s Corporate Training Room in Harwood Heights. Other classes will be offered at New Horizons in Rosemont (they have a new address).
- Training materials will be distributed at the beginning of each class.
- Laptops will be provided for each trainee.
- There is a strict limit of 15 people per class. Please register as soon as possible. If a class is full, you will have the option of wait listing that particular date and time.
- Morning start time – 9am
- Morning end time – 12:30pm
- Afternoon start time – 1:30pm
- Afternoon end time – 5pm
- Breaks – both the morning and afternoon sessions contain a 15 minute break
- What to bring to class – nothing is needed; all materials will be provided
- Computers – laptops with external mice
- Lunch - food will be provided