WOMM COM COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT: Module Three
Module Three: Community Strategist
The community strategist is a senior position that is the leader of community in a company or large organization. The role focuses on establishing the vision, building the business case and championing the community across multiple business units.
The community strategist module is designed to expose students to real world examples through a series of in-depth case studies from industry experts. From a session on “Working with Executives” to sessions on “Internal Communities”, “Social Marketing” and “Social Customer Support”, the Community Strategist module is chock full of useful insights. The course also explores “Community in a Regulated Industry”, “Building Community in Government”, and “Community for Cause,” giving students a comprehensive look at the opportunities (and challenges) of implementing communities in diverse business situations.
For more details on WOMM COM Community Management Module Three and a full description of the WOMM COM Community Management Program click HERE.
- Learn how to best engage executives in a community strategy
- Understand the top challenges in launching a social support strategy (and how to overcome them)
- Explore different options for staffing community initiatives
- Uncover how to overcome internal objections to social/community projects
- And more!
If you are able to answer the following questions, this program is for you!
1. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of successful community?
- Shared value
- Equitable participation
- Immediate monetary ROI
2. True or False? It is always best to establish a community presence in mass social media (Facebook, LinkedIn) before deciding to host an on-domain community.
3. Which of the following is NOT a goal for an online community?
- Foster Evangelism
- Content Creation
- Customer Service
- Promote Content
4. Which of the following is a quality of emergent leaders?
- Freely share value
- Encourage others
- Recognize and reward others
- Partner for shared wins
- All of the above
5. True or False? The primary objective of a community manager is to be the bridge between the member and brand.
This course will be delivered online in a series of 10 one-hour webinars over the course of 6 weeks.
Sessions will be held every Tuesday and Thursday from September 11 - October 11, from 11am-12pm CT.