Women's Empowerment Panel and Fitness & Self Defense Workshop
Saturday, December 1, 2012 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM (EST)
New York, NY
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
We are inviting ALL WOMEN to join us for a special two part program on Female Empowerment taking place on Saturday, December 1st. The day will start off with a panel of amazing women sharing stories and concepts around women’s empowerment followed by a discussion with those in attendance. Our panel will feature women from various walks of life in the greater New York City area. The panel and discussion will be moderated by Shireen Elnaggar, Co-chair of The ICNYU Women’s Initiative.
After the panel, if you're interested in learning how to protect yourself, empowering yourself, getting fit, or simply just wanting to kick some butt, come and join us for a fun fitness and self defense workshop for beginners and intermediates!
Vita Ng, Founder of Solirea will introduce the fitness and self defense workshop which will be led by Lindai Schwarz (2nd level technician of Wing Tsun Kung Fu) and Sokha Hong (1st level technician of Wing Tsun Kung Fu), as well as Aurea Boisvert (4th degree blackbelt in Isshinryu Karate, Crossfit Coach, marathon runner & self defense instructor for SOLIREA).
Best of all, we are offering this workshop for FREE to celebrate the amazing launch of both the ICNYU Women’s Initiative & Solirea. This event is for WOMEN ONLY and should not be missed! Event space is limited. RSVP now!
What to Expect
- From 1-1:30 pm Event check in
- From 1:30-3 pm Women's Empowerment Panel
- From 3-5 pm Solirea's Fitness & Self Defense Workshop
Who Should Attend
- Women 18 and over
- Interested in learning self defense
- Want to have fun
- Eat a well balanced meal beforehand.
- Bring a picture ID in order to get into the building.
- Bring your eventbrite ticket / be able to show ticket on mobile.
- Wear comfortable workout clothes.
- Bring a pair of socks for the lesson.
- Bring a towel and change of clothes (optional).
- Bring a bottle of water for hydration.
The Islamic Center at NYU
NYU Global Center for Academic and Spiritual Life
238 Thompson Street, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10012
Note: If you had purchased a Launch Special FREE ADMISSION ticket, it has been converted to the Speaker Panel AND Workout ticket.